'80's Charvels are bang for the buck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '80's Charvels are bang for the buck!

Think about this. My recently sold Model 2 was a killer guitar that I purchased for around $150 on Ebay. Ya that was a great deal but not that rare if you take your time and look around.

My Model 6 just arrived the other day and while I will upgrade the trem and pups it is still a Japanese made neck thru guitar that retailed for around a grand when they first came out. Now they are still avaliable for less than $400 if you look.

Now take that same amount of cash and ignore your love of Charvels and Jacksons and tell me what else you can find with that degree of quality for so little money.

For what I paid for my Model 2 I could have bought what new? An Affinity Squier?

Damm! Those older Charvels are serious bang for the buck no?

Now I just gotta score some more soon!

Re: \'80\'s Charvels are bang for the buck!

Yeah that is a very very good deal. I have an old 83 that just kills!
    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Thanks for the revelation. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] j/k The model series are nice guitars for little $$.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Nothing is close! The play great, they sound great, they look great and they're cheaper than most new guitars made in India.

Comment

Its true of any used guitar........When they were new they were very expensive.............

Comment

Tell me something I don't know. My Model 5 still gets the most use of any guitar I own. I love the tone with the stock PUPs.

Comment

The things I love about the Model series is that not only are they built like a tank, they're so easily upgradable and switchable. A model 2 with an OFR and a Duncan Distortion outplays hundreds of guitars out there today.
              Occupy JCF

Comment

"The things I love about the Model series is that not only are they built like a tank, they're so easily upgradable and switchable. A model 2 with an OFR and a Duncan Distortion outplays hundreds of guitars out there today."

So true Mate!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  The things I love about the Model series is that not only are they built like a tank, they're so easily upgradable and switchable. A model 2 with an OFR and a Duncan Distortion outplays hundreds of guitars out there today.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shhhhh! [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img] Dammit you're gonna drive the price up on these things! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I like em, cos I can mod em to no end, or to my liking, without feeling bad about it. I wouldn't have the gull to do the same things I do to a San Dimas one!
                  "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Preachin' to the already converted are we? [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, shhhhhhhhh!
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I've gotten my hands on a couple of Ibanez RG750's for $500 Canadian each... got my 750XL for $400 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

All three have been awesome value...

I think i need a BMW 750iL to complete the collection... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

I think i need a BMW 750iL to complete the collection... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The 750iL is a pig. I test drove the 740 before I bought my car, and the size of the car made me think I'll be driving one of these when I'm 80 years old.........

Comment

I had not played my model 4 before I cliked on the BIN (got it on ebay)
                            Well I paid 50 pounds less than a brand new DK2 online (way less if in store, they're 80 pounds more) and the neck is the best I've ever played. The neck is TOTALLY straight, everything is wired properly it seems and it's a gorgeous guitar. I love Charvels now [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Now who has a white or black model 2 for me? For $150... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X