No announcement yet.

New guy in the world of pointy guitars.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy in the world of pointy guitars.

What's up folks. Swedish guy living in the U.S. I have played guitar for 30 plus years. Metal head in childhood but played jazz for many years, rock, blues and dabbling in country.

My arsenal is a nice mix of the traditional guitars. Les Pauls, Telecasters, Strats , Jazz box etc......

About 6 months ago I played a Charvel for the first time, I was blown away, by the neck especially. Not looking to spend a lot, but have narrowed it down to the Charvel dk24 HH with the tremolo (not Floyd)

Question for people that own it.....Hod does the pickups sound? Videos I see of the guitar tells me, they sound super good, or horrible...haha. Every video tells me a different story.

Anyone have done pick up upgrades on this guitar?

I love single coil tones also, but from what I have heard The series / parallel switch does a decent job.

Not looking to get the HSS model as I already have Strats to do that job.

Dont they have Seymour Duncan pickups? Full shred and something you should find samples of seymour duncan pickups all over the web. Pickup swap should be easy to do.

Comment

my advice with pickups...

keep the stock ones for a while and try to keep an open mind. don't listen to noobs or cork sniffers on the internet who say X pickup is great/terrible. all guitars sound different, people have different tastes/ears/technique, etc. if you play them for a while and figure out you don't like some characteristic, and can't dial it out with the pickup height, then figure out what pickup you think would remedy it. at least four times I have bought a new or used guitar with thr intention of swapping out the pickups immediately, but each instance I gave it time and the original pickups won me over.

this is all to say don't fix what ain't broke and don't make assumptions about what is broke.
      Last edited by metalhobo; 12-28-2023, 05:22 PM.

Comment

I'm with metalhobo on this one. If you pick one up just play it a bit. You may find it sounds great through your setup or it may not. From watching Glen Fricker SpectreSoundStudios - YouTube) it seems the speaker, mic, and mic placement have a huge impact on sound so those that sound horrible could be due to the speaker or mic.

Comment

Working...
        X