NGD 375 Deluxe Transparent Amber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD 375 Deluxe Transparent Amber

Picked this 375 Deluxe up a few days ago from a former coworker of mine. He bought it off eBay back in 2010, and I had told him if he ever got rid of it to let me know. It's in pretty good shape considering it's 34 or so years old. It has a few bumps and bruises, but the finish hides it well. The frets show a little wear, but it's still very playable especially considering it's age. I don't care for the Ultrasonic bridge pick up that's in it at all. It has the flattest and driest tone I've ever heard, and if I were going to keep it I'd be slapping a J-90C in it. I'm not a huge fan of middle pickup guitars so this one's days are likely numbered, but for what I paid for it I wasn't going to pass it up. The EMG Select in the middle position actually sounds halfway decent, but I'm not a single coil connoisseur though and never play on anything other than the bridge pickup.

Is that a dog in the last pic? NIce flame on that top too.

Comment

Originally posted by ed View Post
      Is that a dog in the last pic? NIce flame on that top too.
      It is a dog. That's our boy Gus. He's a Shar Pei, and always takes time to photo bomb me.

You're right it does have a nice flame on it. If that damn pickup didn't sound like dry ice I'd probably be in love with it.

Comment

NICE SAVE!!!

A Beauty at that!!

HNGD!!

Comment

Originally posted by JJ119 View Post
          NICE SAVE!!!

A Beauty at that!!

HNGD!!
          Thanks dude!

Here's a better picture of it taken outside after I cleaned it up and restrung it. I believe this picture definitely does it better justice.

Last edited by Razor; 11-25-2023, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Razor

Do guitars just follow you around until you adopt them??

Comment

Originally posted by JJ119 View Post
              Razor

Do guitars just follow you around until you adopt them??
              I wish! I get lucky more times than not. Still quite a few out there that are on my wish list I haven't seen yet. I do admit several of the ones I've picked up the last couple of years have been blind damn luck especially for the deals I've gotten on them. I paid 400 bucks for this one. More than I wanted without a hard case, but still a damn good deal IMHO.

Comment

IMHO
                A good deal.
                Beautiful Guitar!!

Comment

Thought I'd update about this guitar. I picked it up this evening from my best friend who is an electrical wizard. Come to find out the Ultrasonic pickup had been wired in wrong and was out of phase which is why it sounded like shit. Took it home this evening and was pleasantly surprised by how good it sounds. Like as damn good as my EMG81 in my Model 2 sounds. I was all set to have the pickup swapped, but my best friend was like "Dude you may want to play it first". He wasn't wrong at all, and now it looks like I have a spare Dimarzio Super Distortion.

Comment

Working...
                  X