Charvette 150 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvette 150 question

I've come across a black strat body Charvette for sale for what I think is a reasonable price. Best I can tell it's a Model 150 with the single locking Charvel CH-120 tremolo. With the close dot spacing I'm assuming it's Made In Japan, but I haven't gotten more detailed pictures of it yet. My biggest question I really have is does anyone know if that tremolo post spacing is Floyd spaced? If it isn't then any idea if it's Kahler spaced, or am I stuck with a crappy single locker unless I convert it over to Floyd posts by plugging and drilling?

Anyone know what pickups are in one of them? I have a copy of the 1990-1991 catalog, but it doesn't say what they are other than "Ceramic Plus".

I could check i should have one of those trem systems still somewhere. I sold the rest of the guitar as parts.
    Edit: I just remembered i threw the thing away not that long ago. One of the crappiest trems i ever came across. It just started disintegrating around the tremarm. Probably somewhat usable if you block it.
    Last edited by ed; 12-19-2022, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ed View Post
      I could check i should have one of those trem systems still somewhere. I sold the rest of the guitar as parts.
      Edit: I just remembered i threw the thing away not that long ago. One of the crappiest trems i ever came across. It just started disintegrating around the tremarm. Probably somewhat usable if you block it.
      Mik not Mij. have one, well gave it to my son, neon orange. Have to pug and drill, but neck would over hang on the high E string
      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
        I've come across a black strat body Charvette for sale for what I think is a reasonable price. Best I can tell it's a Model 150 with the single locking Charvel CH-120 tremolo. With the close dot spacing I'm assuming it's Made In Japan, but I haven't gotten more detailed pictures of it yet. My biggest question I really have is does anyone know if that tremolo post spacing is Floyd spaced? If it isn't then any idea if it's Kahler spaced, or am I stuck with a crappy single locker unless I convert it over to Floyd posts by plugging and drilling?

Anyone know what pickups are in one of them? I have a copy of the 1990-1991 catalog, but it doesn't say what they are other than "Ceramic Plus".

NOT Folyd bro
        I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post

NOT Floyd bro
          Yep. I wish I had remembered that other recent thread on here before I posted. Post spacing is a fucked spacing so Floyd, Kahler, and damn near anything else won't fit. Fucking retarded!!! I'd also heard about the string overhang from the string spacing too in the other semi-recent thread on here too. I'm not sure I want to get into plugging and drilling myself as I'm sure I'd fuck it up, and I'm too cheap to send it off and have it done. It's cheap enough that I'm tempted to buy it just for the neck and the hard case though.
          Last edited by Razor; 12-20-2022, 09:16 AM.

Comment

those frets look fucked.

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post
              those frets look fucked.
              Needs a good cleaning and polishing. I think they'd probably be in pretty good shape if they were cleaned.

Comment

Needs a good cleaning and polishing. I think they'd probably be in pretty good shape if they were cleaned.
                They're not junk bro. I only paid 150 for a neon orange one and sold to my son for 100. this has been recent, I've had 3=4 off them. Yes it would be perfect to hone you're luther skills on. Or just play it, have fun. I have way too many guitars

Comment

Their pickup is like a crappy j90

Comment

if you can find one of the old Kahler 2 post Kahler killers from a peavy nitro they line up. or the old 2 post kahler that was on the early model 2 Charvels, but they were not very good trems either.

Comment

Originally posted by paranoid View Post
                      if you can find one of the old Kahler 2 post Kahler killers from a peavy nitro they line up. or the old 2 post kahler that was on the early model 2 Charvels, but they were not very good trems either.
                      You're wrong

Comment

You may be right. What is the Charvette spacing? I had bought a Charvette in the early 90's and some one had put a kahler on it. unless it was a model 2 body with a Charvette neck. the Kahler spacing appears to be about 57 mm on my 86' model 2. my newer model 2 guitars appear to be about 74mm.

Comment

Originally posted by paranoid View Post
                          You may be right. What is the Charvette spacing? I had bought a Charvette in the early 90's and some one had put a kahler on it. unless it was a model 2 body with a Charvette neck. the Kahler spacing appears to be about 57 mm on my 86' model 2. my newer model 2 guitars appear to be about 74mm.
                          There are four models, two are actually MIJ but they are fusion scale and have 24 frets

Added the 24 fret had JT6 so with them there are no problems with space and you could throw a floyd on one
                          Last edited by john.w.lawson; 12-23-2022, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post

They're not junk bro. I only paid 150 for a neon orange one and sold to my son for 100. this has been recent, I've had 3=4 off them. Yes it would be perfect to hone you're luther skills on. Or just play it, have fun. I have way too many guitars
                            I wondered if it was a J90 in it. Damn. I may have to go back and snag it.

Comment

I wondered if it was a J90 in it. Damn. I may have to go back and snag it.
                              I will give a j90

Comment

Working...
                              X