X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ngd

Charvel DK24 (mint) MIM

20220305_170215_HDR[1].jpg

I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

How do you like it? Seems like when I see people post about them half like them and the other half can't wait to get rid of it.

Comment

20220306_175148[1].jpg

20220306_175245_HDR[1].jpg
      20220306_175204[1].jpg
      20220306_175314[1].jpg
      Last edited by john.w.lawson; 03-07-2022, 07:08 AM.
      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
        How do you like it? Seems like when I see people post about them half like them and the other half can't wait to get rid of it.
        Well, I guess there are people that just don't like stuff (like me). I been playing it for over a week now and I think it's pretty nice. Necks better than the MIM So Cal and San Dimas, shit it's got bigger frets than the MIJ wildcard stuff.
        I played the other MIM stuff the guy had forsale and this just felt better in my hands, but I was put off by the no floyd deal. Still it's the one I bought and so far so good/ I've not seen anyone talking about them in a bad way, but as stated I don't like stuff just because and I'm sure I'm not the only person like that

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post

Well, I guess there are people that just don't like stuff (like me). I been playing it for over a week now and I think it's pretty nice. Necks better than the MIM So Cal and San Dimas, shit it's got bigger frets than the MIJ wildcard stuff.
          I played the other MIM stuff the guy had forsale and this just felt better in my hands, but I was put off by the no floyd deal. Still it's the one I bought and so far so good/ I've not seen anyone talking about them in a bad way, but as stated I don't like stuff just because and I'm sure I'm not the only person like that
          Cool. Most of the hate I've seen is tuning stability problems. I'm of the mind that some of them didn't know how to do a proper setup or adjust spring tension but tuning stability has been the number one knock about them I've seen on the Facebook pages which I take with a huge grain of salt.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post

Cool. Most of the hate I've seen is tuning stability problems. I'm of the mind that some of them didn't know how to do a proper setup or adjust spring tension but tuning stability has been the number one knock about them I've seen on the Facebook pages which I take with a huge grain of salt.
            You can have tuning problems with double lockers, nut screws could be loose, setup wrong as you stated . I've been playing this guitar only for like 9 days and maybe twice it went out of tune, and I'm on a VH kick so...

Anyway, it's got so much to offer, looks modern, very VH sounding humbucker and so many sonic choices.I just rub pencil lead in the nut like I do with my older Kahler nut guitars.

Edit; I should mention that MIM's went through a year of not very good QC and that the other two I played! might have been from that year? Still, I've had the USA So Cal and the Re-issued San Dimas pointy and I didn't think they were all that good. .I've heard by someone with the MIJ and MIM that some of the MIM are as good if not better than the MIJ's So Cal's and San Dimas"s .
            Last edited by john.w.lawson; 03-16-2022, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Not much to say other than, gorgeous!
              Database (WIP) https://mechas64castles.net/CharvelJackson.html
              My collection also there!

Comment

Very cool! Nice score, John.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                X