Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help identify and possible value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help identify and possible value?

Hi all

I have just purchased this vintage left handed charvel for £200
    I don't know what model it is though, year made or its true value?
    Crackle finish.
    Schaller trem
    Active pickups
    The neck plate simply has the six digit serial number and only states by Jackson Charvel
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by Meadsie; 01-30-2022, 05:35 PM.

Charvel - Album on Imgur
    https://imgur.com
    Last edited by Meadsie; 01-31-2022, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Charvel - Album on Imgur
      https://imgur.com
      Last edited by Meadsie; 01-31-2022, 12:34 PM.

Comment

you need to host the images somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
          you need to host the images somewhere
          Glad I'm not the only one not seeing pictures.

I use www.imgur.com

Comment

I can see the images in my post?
            I'll try a different way ??

Comment

Comment

Comment

charvel 475 deluxe desert crackle, ca. 1990. maybe somebody else can give a more precise date

those are not active pickups, the are passive. the active component is the discrete je-1200 midboost knob.

I can't say with accuracy what the value is, especially in non-US locales, but it's likely quite a bit more than 200 quid. the left handedness may or may not fetch a premium. nice score!
                  Last edited by metalhobo; 01-31-2022, 12:53 PM.

Comment

From the comments:
                    "the only surviving guitar from the mesozoic era"

Comment

I can see the pictures in the album link. As metalhobo said it's a 475 Deluxe. The Desert Crackle finish is rare and being left handed makes it rarer in my book. Needs a good cleaning, string lock blocks and the intonation setup for sure. It's an early 90's model probably 1990. Real world value IMHO would be around 700 bucks IMHO because of the finish and being a lefty model. That's assuming the frets are in good shape and there's no major chunks of the finish missing or other problems like with the electronics. It would be harder to move though since it's a left model and there's not near the demand for left handed guitars.

Comment

Get rid of the ball ends. Buy some blocks for it.
                        Don't be cheap about it. Sure, the good ones are triple the price, but you will buy 10 sets of the cheap ones before the good ones break.

Now, as to the question of money -
                        Sadly, we live in a world where value and price aren't always the same. At $269, you have a lot of value in that guitar. Because it is one hell of a guitar. Built to last. A remnant of a lost era.
                        But if you want to sell it for more than you paid, you better do it quick - it may even be too late.
                        The plandemic caused some dramatic price increases in used guitars. But those prices are quickly falling as demand wanes and free money ceases. Prior to 2020, you paid a fair market price (although, being a non-US customer, local prices may vary). But for 18 months, you could have easily sold that for over $1000. The truth is, if value and price were equal, that guitar would always be a 4-figure guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post

Glad I'm not the only one not seeing pictures.

I use www.imgur.com

Can someone reprogram the site so that the direct upload option is not even displayed.
                          Too many people don't realize that it doesn't work.

Comment

Wow thank you all for providing such brilliant feedback!
                            I wondered what the other knob did, now I know a mid boost ??
                            I have just polished all of the frets, cleaned and treated the fretboard etc and it plays wonderful.
                            Fantastic sound!
                            There are no marks on it as it has been kept in the case when not being played the previous owner told me, who had owned it since new.
                            Really appreciate it everyone, thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Meadsie View Post
                              There are no marks on it as it has been kept in the case when not being played the previous owner told me, who had owned it since new.
                              That's what they all say.
                              Case kept. Smoke free home. Original owner.

Comment

Working...
                              X