No announcement yet.

Best color/year for the Pro Mod So-Cal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best color/year for the Pro Mod So-Cal?

What’s the best year (MIUSA, MIJ, MIM) and what colors from those years are the coolest or most desirable? What makes the particular years the best? Neck, or quality or something like the truss wheel or moving the Jack to the side etc.

I have a ‘13 first year Mexi-Charvel that I love and I’m looking to add more to the fleet.

**I am talking about the San Dimas, not the So-Cal. But I am going to assume they are the same. Years 2013-2015 and 2016-2017.

If you like your 2013, look for more 13s.
    In 2016, they made changes. I like the 16s over the 2013. In fact, the 2013 is a solid guitar, I just like these 2016 models.

Main differences:
    2013 neck is thicker, and is finished. I don't know the correct word, but there is definitely something on it. And the maple boards are also finished. (almost as if it was a Fender bearing a Charvel radius and logo). If I remember correctly, they called the 2013 a 'classic San DImas neck profile', where the 2016 are listed as 'speed neck'.
    2013 has no truss rod access. In 2016, they added the spoke wheel, which is certainly better than needing to take the neck off.
    2016 introduced the 'fruity colors. I mean, unless you want a basic black, white, or red, it is always better to go with neon.
    2016 introduced the 'six pack of sound'

Last edited by pianoguyy; 01-25-2022, 11:03 AM.

Comment

My 2019 Chlorine Burst San Dimas is just straight up a killer guitar and my favorite of my three. I also have a 2016 Metallic Black So Cal that is a very close second. I also have a 2016 Metallic Black San Dimas that kicks ass also. I really like the truss rod adjustment wheel access at the heel also. I haven't owned one of the earlier models without the truss rod wheel access but if I come across one for the right deal it'll come home with me.

Comment

2008 1st batch candy tangerine is my favorite, but I don't have.

I have a white San Dimas, Black So Cal, and a #4 Aqua. All MIJ.

Comment

Working...
        X