What brand and value pots are in a 1988 Model 5FX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What brand and value pots are in a 1988 Model 5FX

I'm asking anyone to tell me what Brand and Value tone and volume pot came stock in a 1988 Charvel Model 5FX?

Does yours actually have the tone pot? Some do some don’t. Anyway probably 500k.
    Database (WIP) https://mechas64castles.net/CharvelJackson.html
    My collection also there!

Comment

Originally posted by Looly View Post
      I'm asking anyone to tell me what Brand and Value tone and volume pot came stock in a 1988 Charvel Model 5FX?
      I don't know the name brand of MIJ pot's but CTS 500k would be your best bet.
      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Hi . Thanks for your reply. I agree that CTS pots are probably the best pots for my 1988 Charvel Model 5FX. I was just trying to make sure it has the stock pots in it so it's 100% stock. A few people said they THINK the stock pots on these early MIJ Charvel imports were Alpha pots. I know alot of overseas pots are Alpha pots ,so maybe that's true,but just not 100% sure . And were both pots 500k , or was the volume 500k and the tone 250k? If I don't get the definitive answer on this I'll probably just go with 500k CTS Pots and if I find out later that they're Alpha pots ,I'll switch them out. Anyone that knows for sure,please chime in. I appreciate all your help

Comment

Originally posted by Looly View Post
          Hi . Thanks for your reply. I agree that CTS pots are probably the best pots for my 1988 Charvel Model 5FX. I was just trying to make sure it has the stock pots in it so it's 100% stock. A few people said they THINK the stock pots on these early MIJ Charvel imports were Alpha pots. I know alot of overseas pots are Alpha pots ,so maybe that's true,but just not 100% sure . And were both pots 500k , or was the volume 500k and the tone 250k? If I don't get the definitive answer on this I'll probably just go with 500k CTS Pots and if I find out later that they're Alpha pots ,I'll switch them out. Anyone that knows for sure,please chime in. I appreciate all your help
          Their both 500k and you'll need a capacitor too, often called caps allparts sell them
          I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

By the way the stock ones on non active boards start with an A25 I couldn't make out much more because of solder, so they might be alpha's but not branded alpha but with an A to denote Alpha?

Here's some old ones, don't know what they are out of

https://www.ebay.com/itm/293626747373
            Last edited by john.w.lawson; 12-26-2021, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post

Their both 500k and you'll need a capacitor too, often called caps allparts sell them

The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctuary View Post

Ooops

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctuary View Post

Damn that reminded me of Ron the dude with the "Shotgun" Soloist...

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post

Damn that reminded me of Ron the dude with the "Shotgun" Soloist...
                    Yeah, Ron's a grammar fanatic, he would be busy right now. He's a good guy though

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post

I also have a Charvel Model 5FX that I'm thinking of going to all passive pickups and was wondering what Volume and Tone pots and output jack to get as mine has 1 volume, 1 tone and 3 way toggle switch; Guitar currently has the older soldered EMG-81 in the bridge and an SA in the neck and my question is going from the EMG volume and tone pots to new pots, if going with the CTS pots would additional routing be required for fitment of the CTS pots and what value capacitor would be needed? Also, would a treble bleed be beneficial in my Charvel?

Comment

Working...
                      X