• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to me day Charvel Traditional

It's nice and minty Played great but didn't like the string so
    I just cut them all off.. I'll be in setup mode for a bit

Pic's aren't great

20210701_143611.jpg 20210701_143628.jpg

Last edited by john.w.lawson; 07-02-2021, 09:07 AM.
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

It's a shredder for sure, necks dinky-ish in thickness already has a SD custom custom hum and SD hotrails and you just can't get a great pic to show how good it looks

20210702_081040.jpg 20210702_081031.jpg .

I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

That one looks great. I've never seen one out in the wild. I've never heard anyone say anything bad about one of them. If I ever cross paths with a reasonably priced one it will go home with me.

Comment

I like the body but that headstock is something only a mother could love LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
          I like the body but that headstock is something only a mother could love LOL!
          Piss off Don! Nice to see your old ass though You been doing good bro?

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post

Piss off Don! Nice to see your old ass though You been doing good bro?
            Yep, too many guitars and too little time. Just got done rocking some classic Metallica on an AT Pro.

Buying wise, I don't know why but I've been on a Fender Strat kick. Picked up a Floyded and a regular Players Series Strat.

Comment

Yep, too many guitars and too little time. Just got done rocking some classic Metallica on an AT Pro.

Buying wise, I don't know why but I've been on a Fender Strat kick. Picked up a Floyded and a regular Players Series Strat.
              That sounds fun. yeah, I've bought a few here and there over the last few month (guitars). What did you end up doing with that maybe chandler neck?

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post

That sounds fun. yeah, I've bought a few here and there over the last few month (guitars). What did you end up doing with that maybe chandler neck?
                You stumped me on that one. I'm not sure about the Chandler neck. You'll have to refresh my memory.

I have a good supply of necks.

2 Fenders with Floyd nuts one maple one rosewood
                A Mighty Mite regular strat neck nitro finish
                A Squier neck flames and rosewood sort of a fatter profile
                A DXMG with flames
                A toothpaste Charvel with a locking nut
                A Model 1 neck
                A Honso? USA made (I think they work with Ibanez) birdseye maple reverse Charvel headstock
                A Predator looking neck but with ebony FB reverse Charvel headstock
                A homemade PC-3 style neck but thinner very flamy
                An Allparts with a Floyd nut flame maple

Might be others I'm forgetting LOL!

edit: I think the one I got from you is the one I call the Predator neck. I put a toothpaste Charvel logo on it and gave it so many clear coats it looks OEM from Charvel. I was hoping to connect it to a Firecrackle Predator body I have, I haven't checked the neck pocket width to see if they are compatible yet,
                Last edited by DonP; 08-16-2021, 07:35 PM.

Comment

You stumped me on that one. I'm not sure about the Chandler neck. You'll have to refresh my memory.

I have a good supply of necks.

2 Fenders with Floyd nuts one maple one rosewood
                  A Mighty Mite regular strat neck nitro finish
                  A Squier neck flames and rosewood sort of a fatter profile
                  A DXMG with flames
                  A toothpaste Charvel with a locking nut
                  A Model 1 neck
                  A Honso? USA made (I think they work with Ibanez) birdseye maple reverse Charvel headstock
                  A Predator looking neck but with ebony FB reverse Charvel headstock
                  A homemade PC-3 style neck but thinner very flamy
                  An Allparts with a Floyd nut flame maple

Might be others I'm forgetting LOL!

edit: I think the one I got from you is the one I call the Predator neck. I put a toothpaste Charvel logo on it and gave it so many clear coats it looks OEM from Charvel. I was hoping to connect it to a Firecrackle Predator body I have, I haven't checked the neck pocket width to see if they are compatible yet,
                  yeah, it was ebony and black revs headstock. Staycat kept having me measure the heel and take pics, he thought it was a chandler neck, but he didn't want to have to do anything to his chandler body if it wasn't and you said I'll mess with my neck pocket on my chandler body. It's a kick ass neck, I had it on a J/C body of some kind?
                  Last edited by john.w.lawson; 08-17-2021, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Yep, a very nice neck. The ebony is great and I love quartersawn necks. I'll check to see if it is a match with the Predator body I have.

Comment

Working...
                    X