Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kahler Fulcrum tremolo bar dimensions - Model 2 content

Hello!

New member here. Recently I picked up an '86 Charvel Model 2 which looked like it was abandoned for years by its previous owner. After a lot of cleaning it turned out to be quite a nice guitar. The frets are in good condition and the neck plays great. The Kahler is in fairly good shape and the rollers work fine. The nut is poorly cut though (off center) and needs some work, but I'll fix that later.

The main issue with the guitar is that it doesn't have the tremolo bar. Unfortunately the original bar seems to be unavailable in Europe due to sky high import taxes. However, I do have a lot of tools at my disposal, so I figured it could be a fun project to try and make my own whammy bar.

To do this I need a few measurements. Whammy Parts states that the thread of the arm should be 1/4"-28. I am guessing a standard 6mm arm won't fit, so I am mainly interested to know the overall thickness of the arm, and the thickness at the point of the threaded part. Also, how long is the threaded part?

Hope you guys can help me out! Some pics of my Model 2:

Welcome. Try Dave at fretsonthnet. He's also a member on this forum known as Budman68, but hasn't posted in a long time. https://fretsonthenet.com/

If he doesn't have one in stock, he may be able to tell you the dimensions.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

and for future reference -
      it's a pretty Model 2. But the "before" pictures would make this story so much more newsworthy.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
        and for future reference -
        it's a pretty Model 2. But the "before" pictures would make this story so much more newsworthy.
        I love seeing before pictures too! As Toejam stated. Contact Dave at www.fretsonthenet.com

He made a Kahler Spyder tremolo arm for me a few months ago. It was very well done.

Comment

Working...
        X