Charvel wild card #8 chrome rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel wild card #8 chrome rod

Just bare with me as I’m thinking out loud . I have what I hear them call a “chrome rod “ charvel wild card . My thinking is it’s a beautiful guitar in mint condition, but I’m not a fan of shiny or chrome hardware.... And also not a fan of EMG pups.

So, I was thinking about swapping the EMG for a JB and replacing all hardware with black.

But my conservative side says to leave it alone and sell it!

so if I changed it all up, how much would that effect resale value if I did decide to sell down the road.

opinions anyone?

thanks

In my opinion it would only raise the resale.

Comment

A consideration is that you might not get back what you put in. If $xxx worth of parts or "upgrades" are swapped/added to the guitar, the resale value of the guitar often will not increase by $xxx, but usually less and in some cases can actually lower the overall value. The exception is if you provided upgrades that a future owner happens to love, as you would spare that owner from performing the upgrades himself.

Even if you swap the hardware, keep the original hardware safe in case you wish to sell the guitar in the future. A future owner would appreciate having the stock parts.

Comment

If you think of the guitar as an investment and tend to sell it in the future as a unique collectible then keep it as stock as possible. But if you are going to play it then do whatever you want with it and offcourse like NOTP said keep the original parts.

That being said i dont think these wild cards are yet if they are ever going to be that collectible but who knows.

Comment

Thank you for the replies, it’s not that I think the guitar is collectible. I think it’s more that it’s so nice I don’t want to ruin it my swapping hardware. But I have been playing it acoustically today and really starting to like it a lot!

I have been playing my USA Candy Tangerine SD which I absolutely love!

I think I will swap hardware with original parts. ( OFR ect ) and keep all original parts incase I do decide to sell .

Thanks for clearing my head , I usually put way to much thought and overthink everything.... I think it’s my OCD 😁

thanks!

Comment

Make no mistake, the Wild Card units were a "special" thing (even if just because of the recognizable name). So, if anything is going to be collectible in the future, it would be those.
            But, like my Star Wars toys back in 1980, "mint in box" wasn't part of my agenda. These things get bought to be used. So, give Luke the red lightsaber and be done with it.

All that being said...
            Sell it. Someone will buy it.
            Buy a used 2016 neon pink MIM San Dimas Pro-Mod for a fraction of the price.

For me, if I was going to change hardware, I would definitely consider looks. For example - Chrome Rod is not something that you install your green pickup from your Jem. It would just clash.
            I would definitely consider something covered so that it can match, with either a black or gray.

Comment

Working...
            X