No announcement yet.

Problems...This is a doozy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

saddles can be replaced. so can the lock screws.
    but i'd like to know a 46 (which seems light for an 11) is all the way back like that.

Comment

Go figure.
      8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

Is the neck original to the body? Charvel/Jackson necks can be swapped easily..they all had the same size neck pocket..and someone may have put a 22 fret neck onto a body that was designed to accommodate a 24 fret neck. It'll with but there will be intonation issues
        So due to my laziness I'll ask
        Do you know how many frets the guitar came with from the factory? How many frets are on the guitar as it sits right now?
        I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

24 frets.
          I am 99.9% sure he swapped out the Floyd, hence, my issues.

Comment

By all respects, the OFR that is on there now is vastly superior to the JT570 that would have originally been installed on that guitar... but what's stumping me is why the Floyd saddles are not intonating within the normal "play" range of the saddles. I can't think of any reasons why the saddles need to be set that far back especially since you're using a reasonable string gauge set in standard tuning. I'm actually stumped.

Comment

Yeah, it was a pain. But look again at the picture. You'll notice the gapping between the edges of the Floyd and the body rout are not even. Plus, the screws exceeding the back of the Floyd cavity.

Comment

We might be down to the last resort here. If you're daring, buy a JT570, JT590, or "Schaller Tremolo" (example vendors provided in post #12), install it, and see what the result is. If the saddle positions are more reasonable than what we currently see with the OFR, then perhaps it was worth the "downgrade". Out of those three models, the JT570 will be the biggest step down from the OFR due to its single-locking nature and might be challenging to find in good condition but at least the guitar will be restored to "factory specification", the JT590 will be in the middle, and the "Schaller Tremolo" will be the smallest step down and you'll have a new unit (not used/abused, like a JT570 or JT590 would be).

Originally posted by FloydRose4Prez View Post
                You'll notice the gapping between the edges of the Floyd and the body rout are not even.
                Personally this is not a concern for me if a trem doesn't scrape against the body anywhere.

Plus, the screws exceeding the back of the Floyd cavity.
                I addressed this in my long paragraph in post #12 where I discussed short/fat locking bolts VS long/slim locking bolts.

Comment

if you think about it....
                  you could probably buy a Performer with a JT500 on it cheaper than a new Schaller.
                  considering that the 500 and 590 are the same, it might be a better option for a 'test'

Comment

Cool. Good info. Thanks guys. I will stick with the idea of a brand new Schaller model.

*Also, my Nuno N24 has a "Special" in it - what would be the upgrade for that one?
                    Last edited by FloydRose4Prez; 03-17-2020, 04:14 PM.

Comment

The Stratosphere has new Schaller chrome ones for 124.99 + 6.00 shipping right now.

Comment

*Also, my Nuno N24 has a "Special" in it - what would be the upgrade for that one?
                        You're going to get the same problem you reported in your Post #21, final sentence, where you say, "Plus, the screws exceeding the back of the Floyd cavity."

Comment

Not to hijack but has anyone ever replaced the arm socket on a jt590?
                          I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
                            Not to hijack but has anyone ever replaced the arm socket on a jt590?
                            i am not the one that replaced it. but i bought a 590 that had it replaced.
                            so, yes, it can be done - if that is your question.

Comment

You're right I should've just asked HOW IN THE EVER LOVING FUCK do I replace the arm socket on the jt-590?
                              😂😂😂

Comment

oh nevermind
                                Last edited by ed; 03-20-2020, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X