Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will my guitar fit my case?

I know... put it in and see.
    Unfortunately they are in different places at the moment and I'm curious now.
    So here's the thing...
    I just traded my MIJ Fender Strat for a Greco EGC ,and it got me to thinking.
    When I got the Fender it came in an old Charvel case, a tweed one.
    I was told that the case was not for strat style headstocks, but for 87ish necks with a tilted headstock, and then not even a reverse headstock, but only the tilted "down" headstocks.
    Anybody heard this?
    I have been using it for a Tele the last 8-9 years, but mostly for storage, so not a lot of in and out.
    It is a tight fit.
    The tip of the headstock kind of pushs into the padding, but you can close the case OK.
    Do you think it will be OK with my 2010 neck guitar?
    Should be about the same length I think.
    heres a pic of the case I'm talking about.

This is not my actual case, mine is identical though.
    My guitar

If you need more info, everything I know is in this thread here in the forum.
    https://www.jcfonline.com/threads/15...ication-needed

So I figure somebody here will know: if the case is really only intended for pointy headstocks or whatever,
    or if I can plan on using it for my newer Charvel without issues?
    Just thinking..... wondering.
    All help is appreciated

I have an 87 model 1 that came in a tweed case like yours. I also have a couple pro mods. When I get home tonight, I'll check to see if/how the pro mods fit in my tweed case. Will let you know.

Comment

I have a 375 Charvel in that same kind (tweed) case. I tested my SD style2 charvel in it and it barely fits so the style 1 should fit in there too. But its like you said the headstock is pushing into the padding.
      Last edited by ed; 03-19-2019, 08:18 AM.

Comment

That's about what I figured, I guess Ill have to try and see.
        If it compresses the padding too much it would decrease the effectiveness of the case I'm sure.

Comment

I looked at my Charvel tweed case last night. My model 1 fits snuggly in the case and the tip of the headstock presses up against the padding on the inside of the case. Next I tried my pro mod wild card in the case. The padding block under the neck would be too high for this guitar and the end of the headstock would not fit without removing some of the padding. So I also tried a GMW dinky body strathead and it had similar results. The headstock would be too tight against the case without removing some padding and the block under the neck is too high and doesn't let the guitar sit down in the case. Not sure if your case padding is any different than mine but I wouldn't feel safe shipping strathead style guitars in my tweed case. Here's some pics.

Comment

Thanks for the pics.
            That's what I was thinking from my memory of being told that the case was meant for Pointy/Tilted headstocks, not Strat shaped.
            I guess I need a Pointy/tilted headstock guitar to fit the case...…..
            I need to dig it out.

Comment

Working...
            X