Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on IDing a SoCal?

Hiya,

Been wondering for ages exactly what I've got and would be very grateful for any advice anyone can help out with. I'm mostly sure it's a SoCal and I know it was blue beforehand. Other than that, I have no idea what model/version of SoCal it is on when it was made.

It has two DiMarzio humbuckers (not sure of type), single volume control (push/pull, not sure if this was a mod or not), three-way toggle selector and a one-piece maple neck (with rolled edges).

Maybe a SC Pro Mod Style 1?

Thanks all.

Link to album here - https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...VtbGxER21aR1RB
    Last edited by Gansburg0; 03-03-2019, 03:45 PM.

2011 So-Cal, made in Japan. I know pink wasn't offered as a Japanese or American color for these, but how did you figure out yours was previously blue? Can you see blue in the cavities or neck pocket? Was the pink refinish done well?

Stock pickups are DiMarzio Evolution neck, DiMarzio The Tone Zone bridge. Push/pull would be aftermarket; the stock pot was very stiff and non-push/pull.

Charvel never made a So-Cal Style 2 so most people just call it a So-Cal. Style 1 VS Style 2 is more important for the San Dimas, where the San Dimas Style 1 is a non-pickguard Strat body and the San Dimas Style 2 is a non-pickguard Tele body. Maybe Charvel had plans to make a So-Cal Style 2, which would hypothetically be a pickguard-loaded Tele body, but never appeared.

Comment

Thanks for all the info.

Seller I bought it from said it was blue before he refinished it; the pink has been done very well.

Is it the 11 after the JC on the neck plate that denotes 2011?

Comment

I just learned this, here....
        They only made the Pro Mods in Japan in 2010-11
        Hope this helps.

Comment

Cheers both

Comment

Working...
          X