Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price for a Charvel Model 7?

hello,

I've got a Charvel Model 7 which I've had since i was 15, I haven't played it for years and with a new baby on the way I need to make some space!

Question is, what sort of money is it worth? I could ebay it but I want to put a sensible reserve on it and I'm not a collector or anything. It's in pretty good nick, never been gigged, only a few scratches and dings in the usual places. Missing the blanking plate from the back cavity, there's a chunk out of the pointy part of the reverse headstock and one of the machine heads is slightly bent where I dropped it at school, in ahem, 1990!

it's a beautiful guitar, tobacco sunburst, varnished wood, hence why I've kept it so long...

any suggestions would be great!

Photo here: https://imgur.com/a/yjw4LRv

http://www.charvelusa.com/charvel_mo...87_models.html (the bottom one in this list)

thanks.

Charvel Model Series guitars tend to vary anywhere between USD$100 for an irresistible deal for a buyer, to over USD$500 for the ones that I ignore as a cheap deal hunter. While I personally don't see many Model 7s myself, I'd price it like its other bolt-neck Model Series siblings (Models 1 thru 4), so USD$300 is a decent ballpark average.

Comment

The model 7 is a bit more rare than any of the other bolt on Model series guitars in my opinion. I usually see them go any where from 500-700 depending on condition and color. Bursts usually get a little higher dollar than solid colors. Unfortunately the head stock point is a high stress area so finding one that is clean is almost impossible and usually means if it is clean there, it's usually on the upper end of 700. So my guess is 400 for a quick sale, 500 for average and you'd be waiting around a while for anything over 600. However, these prices are in USD. It seems that the pricing is pretty similar in Europe give or take 50-100.

Also a side note, I would put it on Reverb. I like it better for selling over eBay and I've sold and bought guitars on both. Or list it on both and see what happens, most people do this.

Comment

I have owned two and still have one. I am sure I did not pay over $300 for either. This was also 10-15 years ago. Don't see many of them. The maple board and reverse are the darlings. My current Model 7 has Graphtech saddles and a Duncan Hotrails. It is my drop-D guitar. Easy to maintain and sounds mean. I have had Jacksons come and go but this 7 will never leave. Play it live every time I go out. It is called "The Skank". Dedicated to those type of girls that have frequented the many bars I have played. Inspired by Mick Mars' black "Girls Girls Girls" Kramer.

Here is the other Model 7. A mutt I sold a couple years ago to my bass player. Graphtech saddles and a SD Lil 59'. I believe a Model 2 neck:

Both have had the Vol pot moved to Tone. Tone stuffed inside or removed.

BTW - Model 7's are not USA Charvels. This thread needs moved.
        Last edited by catzodellamarina; 02-26-2019, 08:10 PM. Reason: added pics

Comment

The reverse head maple neck makes these very desirable. Might find the right sucker for $700, but it may be a long wait.

Comment

Originally posted by catzodellamarina View Post
            BTW - Model 7's are not USA Charvels. This thread needs moved.
            And so it is done.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by catzodellamarina View Post
              Here is the other Model 7. A mutt I sold a couple years ago to my bass player. Graphtech saddles and a SD Lil 59'. I believe a Model 2 neck:

If you didn't mention that it's Model 2's neck I'd suppose that this is Charvel TE-070... Had one like this all black, looked the same, with non-reversed headstock.

Comment

Thank you everyone who answered, much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
                X