What year was the fusion deluxe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What year was the fusion deluxe?

I’m redoing the “name plates” on my guitar cases, and this is the only one I’m not sure of the exact year. I’m pretty sure they were 90-91 but any way I can tell for sure? It’s the maple board one, if that helps. I know the serial numbers don’t mean much on the neck plates if I remember correctly.

I think they started in 1989 when the Charvel toothepaste label came out.

Maple board ones are rare. For the Deluxe, I have one 100% stock in cobalt blue, and another in metallic red with a Fusion Pro neck. I put EMG's in that one (81 and an S) and wired it for 18 volts.

Comment

From: https://web.archive.org/web/20180831...rt-guitars.php

Charvel Fusion Series
      Fusion guitars are 24¾ inch (Gibson) neck scale. Fusion basses are 34 inch scale.
      Model Name Year + Price Body Neck Fingerb. Construct. Inlays Pc Pickups Bridge
      Fusion Custom 1989-91 $800 Basswood Maple Rosewood Bolt-on 24 Dot white HSS J90C • J200R • J200R JT-590
      Fusion Deluxe 1989-91 $700 Basswood Maple Maple or RW Bolt-on 24 Dot B/W HS J90C • J200R JT-590 chrome
      Fusion IV bass 1989-91 $850 Basswood Maple Rosewood Bolt-on 24 Dot offset white SS J150 • J20
      Fusion Plus 1990-91 Ash Maple Rosewood Bolt-on 24 Dot offset white HH J80 • J50 JT-590
      Fusion Special 1990-91 Basswood Maple Rosewood Bolt-on 24 Dot white SSS JT-590
      Fusion V bass 1989-91 $1050 Basswood Maple Rosewood Bolt-on 24 Dot offset white

Comment

Ah ok 89-91, but still now way to tell exact year correct? I’ll probably just write it at 1990 and call it a day. I’d post a pic, but it seems to be rather difficult on here now.

Comment

Are there any date stamps in the neck pocket or on the neck heel? (Need to disassemble the neck from body of course.)

To display photos, you will need to upload your images to any external host (https://www.google.ca/search?num=100...31.8M6wLuuQ-LE), copy the links they generate, and paste those links here.

Comment

Comment

That was a test, I got google images. But still need to figure it out. But anyways the neck has GM stamped, and the body has what looks like P-G-12

Comment

Hmm, I suppose Google Photos doesn't allow hotlinking with IMG tags?

If I link your album directly (https://photos.app.goo.gl/oseQet9mF5y2HYB97), it works. Nice guitar! Did you disassemble the neck from the body to check for date stamps in the neck pocket or on the neck heel?

Comment

Wait, so can you see the pic I posted of the guitar or no? I took it apart and the neck heel has GM on it. The neck pocket has what looks like P-G-12, maybe E-G-12.
                  Last edited by Stephenamundson83; 01-21-2019, 01:11 PM.

Comment

I can only see one image. Did you upload others?

Comment

I think I have 2 more linked now of the stamps

Comment

I have one just like that. Only it has EMG's wired for 18v, and a Fusion PRO neck, and black hardware, and a Schaller branded trem. Yep, they are twins

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                          I have one just like that. Only it has EMG's wired for 18v, and a Fusion PRO neck, and black hardware, and a Schaller branded trem. Yep, they are twins
                          lol almost identical! I used to have a red one with a rosewood board, but I sold off everything that wasn’t a carved top neck thru/set neck. I’ve only hung on to this one because it’s the only guitar I own that has a maple board

Comment

how does the fusion series compare to the older model series quality wise?

Comment

Fusion is a short scale with a dinky body, so I’m sure they’re lighter. Quality is just as good as the model series I’d say. I prefer the toothepaste logo era, but that’s just my personal preference.

Comment

Working...
                              X