Quality of new MIM models?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quality of new MIM models?

How will these compare to some of the mid 2000 reissues?

The new 1888 has me GASed and am close to pre ordering but I have a 2005 Pointy reissue and I just worry the 1888 will be junk in comparison.

Any opinions?

I replied in the other thread about the 88 but, If you do really want one of these, your local dealer probably has access to less than 10. There are only 500 available for the US market.

Comment

I am not sure if any one knows yet as they are not out, but I would think the quality would be good on a limited run model.

Comment

I went ahead with the pre order. I almost got the black DK24 SS last year but kind of glad I held off as I like the looks of this one better.

Theres a guy on a forum I frequent who is an endorsee, he said the past couple of years MIM has put out some high quality stuff that is comparable to his USA charvels so I feel this will be a good one.

Comment

I've owned many of the first USA models over the years, never bought a Japanese one, but now just picked up a new Slime Green San Dimas and I have to say the quality is excellent! Besides the six pack of sound and other great refinements: truss rod adj, direct mount P'ups in particular, the neck is fantastic as good or better than any USA one I'd owned.

Comment

Working...
          X