Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ola Englund playing Gojira songs on a 1986 Charvel Model 3 - Aftermarket bridge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ola Englund playing Gojira songs on a 1986 Charvel Model 3 - Aftermarket bridge?

Video is linked below. If you skip to 1:25, there is a clear shot of the whole guitar, but I don't recognize the bridge. What is that? It doesn't look like the usual Kahler Fulcrum Tremolo that is supposed to be stock on the 1986 Model 3.

JCF will only let me link one video per post. In the above video, Ola explains that the Charvel Model 3 belongs to his bandmate Jensen. It made me think back to an earlier video (linked below), where Jensen played a similar, cream-colored Charvel, except the pickup configuration (and pickguard) and bridge are different. It has two humbuckers, suggesting it's a Model 3A, and the bridge is the Kahler Fulcrum Tremolo indicative of 1986.

Either Jensen has a cream Model 3 and cream Model 3A, or it's just one guitar and he swaps around the bridge and loaded pickguard at a whim. Thoughts?

Comment

The trem in the first video might be a kahler killer 2700. Its a locking, drop in replacement for the kahler fulcrum that you see in the second video. I have one om my model 3 mutt that originally had a fulcrum trem.

Comment

Yeah, I believe that is the Killer. Not sure if Patrik Jensen has more than one Charvel or not, but I remember him noodling around in one of their DVDs with the one with the EMG humbuckers and fulcrum trem.
        And I could listen to Trespass all day long. Patrik writes killer tunes!
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
        X