Found my 650xl reciept today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found my 650xl reciept today.

I was going through old shoe boxes of bills/receipts, etc. to dispose of and found the receipt where I bought my 650xl. I knew I thought I got a good deal on it but couldn't remember exactly what I gave. $210 at a local pawn shop in 1998. I've got a few good deals at this pawn shop over the years. Got a mint LTD MH-1000 Deluxe there for $125 a couple years ago which I just traded for a Jackson Fusion Std. last week and got a Peavey footswitch for boot. Anyway back to the Charvel it was/is a little rough around the edges. Paints good but the point of the Headstock is chipped and a piece of the binding is gone there as well. Bridge was sweated on a lot by someone and is rusty in spots and needs new saddles. Other than that make string changes a little hard it plays good. Anyway thought I'd share my discovery.

Oh just remembered the middle pickup is dead and I replaced the neck one with a little '59er I had laying around 'cause it was dead as well.
    Last edited by Dak; 05-28-2018, 06:25 PM.

nice.

I picked up my 550XL for $350 at a pawnshop. Australian prices are a bit inflated compared to the US, so I think it was a pretty good deal for a Japanese neckthru. Only issue with mine was that a bridge saddle had been replaced with a different brand. Because of that the string sat a little high which made picking awkward. Replaced it with a proper Schaller saddle and all was good.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Dak View Post
      I was going through old shoe boxes of bills/receipts, etc. to dispose of and found the receipt where I bought my 650xl. I knew I thought I got a good deal on it but couldn't remember exactly what I gave. $210 at a local pawn shop in 1998.
      According to the Inflation Calculator at http://www.usinflationcalculator.com/, USD$210 in 1998 = USD$322.79 in 2018. Nice deal!

I've got a few good deals at this pawn shop over the years. Got a mint LTD MH-1000 Deluxe there for $125 a couple years ago
      That is a STEAL! Those 1000 Series LTDs are killer and are already a good buy at under USD$400, let alone your $125 for yours in mint shape!

Comment

I was going through old shoe boxes of bills/receipts, etc. to dispose of and found the receipt where I bought my 650xl. I knew I thought I got a good deal on it but couldn't remember exactly what I gave. $210 at a local pawn shop in 1998. I've got a few good deals at this pawn shop over the years. Got a mint LTD MH-1000 Deluxe there for $125 a couple years ago which I just traded for a Jackson Fusion Std. last week and got a Peavey footswitch for boot. Anyway back to the Charvel it was/is a little rough around the edges. Paints good but the point of the Headstock is chipped and a piece of the binding is gone there as well. Bridge was sweated on a lot by someone and is rusty in spots and needs new saddles. Other than that make string changes a little hard it plays good. Anyway thought I'd share my discovery.

Oh just remembered the middle pickup is dead and I replaced the neck one with a little '59er I had laying around 'cause it was dead as well.
        Wow.....what is the address of that pawn shop??!

1998 was probably the nadir of my beloved metal guitars and metal culture in general. Limp Bizkit was popular around then, right?

I bought my near pristine 650 Custom "closet queen" from some guy who inherited it but had no interest whatsoever in guitars. He had NO idea how much it should have been worth but I paid him what he asked.
        '95 Charvel San Dimas USA Model I Koa - BKP
        '91 Charvel 650 Custom - EMG 85/SLV/SLV+SPC
        '92 Jackson Soloist Pro MIJ
        '91 Charvel 475 Exotic Cherry Sunburst - Duncan PATB set
        '90 Charvel 475 XL
        '10 Charvel San Dimas MIJ Style 1 2H - JB/'59
        Mesa Boogie Quad Preamp/Stereo Simul-Class 2:90
        Mesa Boogie MkIII+ Simul-Class & MkIVb with Mark Series stack
        Marshall JVM410H

Comment

Originally posted by Black Shadow View Post
          Wow.....what is the address of that pawn shop??!

1998 was probably the nadir of my beloved metal guitars and metal culture in general. Limp Bizkit was popular around then, right?

I bought my near pristine 650 Custom "closet queen" from some guy who inherited it but had no interest whatsoever in guitars. He had NO idea how much it should have been worth but I paid him what he asked.
          I don't know if I should disclose that information but I guess I will. If someone else grabs them I won't be tempted to buy anything. .Don't know the address but it's Bud' Kwik Kash in Cookeville TN. Now granted most of the time it's overpriced stuff but every once in awhile they'll have something good for a good deal.

Sounds about right for the Limp Bizkit time frame. Everybody in the mainstream had quit playing pointy guitars.

Comment

I picked a Model 5 up for like NZ$200. So about US$120. Still laugh at that one. Needed a bit of work but fuck does it play well now.
            The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Working...
            X