Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fretboard radius of an early 2000's Charvel Model A?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fretboard radius of an early 2000's Charvel Model A?

This is the one that came with the JT580LP licensed floyd rose tremelo. It has the ebony fretboard and the recessed heel with a mahogany body.

I know it has jumbo frets, but I can't find any specs on the fretboard radius.

Thanks in advance

I have no experience with a model A, but Charvel is notably known for the 12-16 radius.

Comment

It would be practically safe to assume the usual 12-16" radius is on that guitar. It's "standard" for Jacksons and Charvels. If unsure, use a set of fretboard understring radius gauges to measure the fretboard at the nut and at the butt of the fretboard.

Comment

Originally posted by paranoid View Post
        I have no experience with a model A, but Charvel is notably known for the 12-16 radius.
        I didn't know that. I like a compound radius like that.

Comment

Do you mean to imply you've played brands other than Jackson/Charvel that widely offer compound radius fretboards as a common/standard/hallmark feature? If so, what brands? Because it's normally difficult to name other brands since it's such a stererotypical Jackson/Charvel feature and other big brands don't even bother offering it. I can only think of Warmoth and Sully Guitars, and a quick Google search also tells me Diamond guitars has them. These are probably not as well known as Jackson/Charvel, so if you're naming brands other than these, they must be really underground/niche.

Comment

Working...
          X