Neck For A Predator body... (Help)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck For A Predator body... (Help)

I currently have a 90ish Predator body (H/S, 1V, 3W, scooped neck heel on back).
    I know a correct neck is a 22 fret rosewood board toothpaste reverse.

Will any of the Floyd cut model series necks fit as well? I will most likely be using a Schaller Floyd to fit the smaller recessed pocket. JT590 was the original I believe.
    What is the fretboard radius of a Predator vs. a model series? Are they all the same (compound with 12" at nut)?

Thanks.

I have a predator body with a 22 fret model series rosewood neck on it and it works fine. It has the regular nut with the string lock. There are no floyd cut model series necks with the exception of very few that got the kahler locknut that works just like a floyd nut. The neck bolts up perfectly and seems to have the same radius and all of the tooothpaste.

Comment

Thanks Carbuff. Do you happen to know what the radius is on a Predator neck? 10? 12?

Comment

the predator neck is the standard compound radius, how ever it is one of the thinnest necks in the Charvel line up. I have a loaded predator neck I bought for a project that didn't get done that I might sell for a good(for me) price. it has lock nut, tuners, truss cover, tool holder( I might could find the allen keys, not sure if I got them with it). the frets have been dressed. the fret markers are replaced with some type of abalone(I assume), not the stock white dots. Tip is still there. Looks like the laqur has been redone.

Comment

Im not sure what the actual number is. All the model series and toothpaste bolt ons seem the same to me.

Comment

Originally posted by paranoid View Post
            the predator neck is the standard compound radius, how ever it is one of the thinnest necks in the Charvel line up. I have a loaded predator neck I bought for a project that didn't get done that I might sell for a good(for me) price. it has lock nut, tuners, truss cover, tool holder( I might could find the allen keys, not sure if I got them with it). the frets have been dressed. the fret markers are replaced with some type of abalone(I assume), not the stock white dots. Tip is still there. Looks like the laqur has been redone.
            I sent you a PM.

Comment

Thanks for the help everyone.

Comment

Working...
              X