Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case for DK24?

Hi
    I just picked up a DK24 in transparent purple. Great playing guitar. Now I need a case for it. Anyone know which ones work?

Thanks
    Jeff
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Kiesel Aries
    Charvel USA Wild Card #3
    EVH 5150 iii 50W, 1x12" EVH w/ Celestion Lynchback, Boss RV-3

I'd say pretty much anything that holds a Strat.

Comment

The current model of "official" case would be this one: SKB 2996100506 Jackson Soloist / Dinky Case (as seen on https://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/accessories).

https://www.google.com/search?newwin....0.E7cdeoGNKls

It should fit identically as this Japanese Jackson DK2 seen below. There is plenty of room for all kinds of headstocks, including the traditional angled-back Jackson-style pointy headstock in either normal or reverse configuration, or non-angled Strat-style headstocks as seen on your DK24.

I don't believe there is a Charvel-branded SKB case that fits the Dinky body that is CURRENTLY offered. In the early 2010s, there WAS a Charvel-branded SKB case (SKB 90915000) identical in build to the above Jackson case, but with a Charvel logo on the outside and molded for a Strat body on the inside. Even though it is specifically for a Strat body, it does fit Dinky bodies. Below is my case for my Charvel So-Cal, with the So-Cal as a reference point and some of my other double-cutaway guitars to see if they would also fit. Your DK24 SHOULD fit if you can find one of these cases.

Charvel So-Cal (reference point)

Schecter C-1

ESP Mirage

Ibanez RG

Jackson Soloist

Charvel Model 1C (does not fit - the case will only allow either the pointy headstock or a full-sized Strat body, but not both at the same time, but does not apply to your situation with the DK24)

Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 05-09-2018, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the info and detailed research!
        Kiesel Aries
        Charvel USA Wild Card #3

Comment

https://www.riffcityguitaroutlet.com...hardshell-case

Comment

Thanks everyone.
            Ended up getting one of these and it fits perfectly...
            https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...lectric-guitar
            Kiesel Aries
            Charvel USA Wild Card #3

Comment

Congrats! Does your DK24 shift around inside that Gator case? Please feel free to post photos. It's very rare when a generic-fit case actually fits a guitar perfectly. Either the guitar's body is too short, or the dimensions of the case's body cavity are too long. (I end up padding some of my generic cases with small towels until I can find inexpensive cases meant for the specific guitars I own. Matchy-matchy.)

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                Congrats! Does your DK24 shift around inside that Gator case? Please feel free to post photos. It's very rare when a generic-fit case actually fits a guitar perfectly. Either the guitar's body is too short, or the dimensions of the case's body cavity are too long. (I end up padding some of my generic cases with small towels until I can find inexpensive cases meant for the specific guitars I own. Matchy-matchy.)
                I will double check tonight when I get home but from what I remember it is snug on the sides. There is about maybe 0.5 inch room to move up and down along the neck length if that makes sense?
                Kiesel Aries
                Charvel USA Wild Card #3

Comment

Kiesel Aries
                  Charvel USA Wild Card #3

Comment

I tried to show in the first pic how much room there is by placing a polish cloth there (hard to see why the dark colors). This pic shows how much space left by the headstock.
                    Kiesel Aries
                    Charvel USA Wild Card #3

Comment

Thanks for posting the pics! Great looking guitar and case!

Comment

Originally posted by jclogston View Post
                        Ahhh you've got one of the newest Charvels! How do you like the Full Shred + Jazz in that guitar? I've been very curious about that combo.
                        '95 Charvel San Dimas USA Model I Koa - BKP
                        '91 Charvel 650 Custom - EMG 85/SLV/SLV+SPC
                        '92 Jackson Soloist Pro MIJ
                        '91 Charvel 475 Exotic Cherry Sunburst - Duncan PATB set
                        '90 Charvel 475 XL
                        '10 Charvel San Dimas MIJ Style 1 2H - JB/'59
                        Mesa Boogie Quad Preamp/Stereo Simul-Class 2:90
                        Mesa Boogie MkIII+ Simul-Class & MkIVb with Mark Series stack
                        Marshall JVM410H

Comment

Originally posted by Black Shadow View Post
                          Ahhh you've got one of the newest Charvels! How do you like the Full Shred + Jazz in that guitar? I've been very curious about that combo.
                          It was okay. Ended taking them out for duncan distortion and dimarzio evo neck. I sold,the jazz and still have the full shred up for sale.
                          Kiesel Aries
                          Charvel USA Wild Card #3

Comment

I have the DK24 in satin black and I have vacillated back and forth on liking the Full Shred. Played it during rehearsal tonight and am now back to digging the sound though, not it's look. (WTF puts white p'ups in a black 'n' blonde ax with gold hardware, for f*cks sake? Ugly as sin.) Might have to try the Distortion in it just because it sounds really good in another maple neck/boarded Super Strat I've got.

ETA- I swapped out the gold hardware for black and a new Schaller Lock Meister w/ brass big block.

F63A9E59-8E1B-49F3-97C7-9AB12650A491.jpg

Comment

Working...
                            X