NGD! And Bonus Charvel Family Pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD! And Bonus Charvel Family Pic

Caught 'Number Of The Priest' Slippin in his deal alerts! Picked this guy up the other day:

1988 Model 1: In GREAT shape minus a little chunk off the headstock tip and that little bit on the top of the headstock. Frets are in great shape and barely any scratches on 'er (look at how clean the Jackson logo is on the pickup). Haven't had time to even re-string yet but gave it a quick neck and saddle adjustment and can already tell it's going to be a keeper. Neck feels slightly fuller than my other two model series. I've been wanting a maple fretboard model series for awhile.

Quite a steal at $250 Canadian (195 USD).

And for a bonus I took a Charvel family shot. Sorry for the quick and crappy photos!

1987 Model 3 w/ Seymour Duncan DDJ
    1988 Model 1 w/ J90C (will confirm when I open it up but doubt it was changed)
    1988 Model 4 w/ J90C
    1991 375 Deluxe w/ Seymour Duncan JB
    Last edited by kamanda; 04-25-2018, 07:07 AM.

No wonder that listing disappeared off my Watch List!

Great price and I'm glad it ended up finding a home with you and your other Charvels! I'm not sure why I never posted a Deal Alert thread about it in the Efraid forum, and I'm don't know why I never pursued it, but probably for the best because you ended up owning it anyway!

Comment

hahaha it wasn't up for long. And ever since you got your Model 1 I knew I had to have one (If I ever see a green pickup we may have twins).

Comment

Love your model 4! Mid pickup not sit in far enough to warrant keeping it on there? Quite the deal on the new one!

Comment

Nice score on the model 1. And great family pic of the Charvels.

Comment

Thank you!

EntrailsOfU - yeah the J200's are a little too tall to get it where I want. And since I took out the active electronics they are kinda 'meh'sounding anyways. With my more shreddy guitars I'm on the bridge humbucker 99% of the time anyway. I have other guitars for other purposes. With that said I really like the J100's in my model 3 specifically (they don't seem to be as nice in my 375 Deluxe). I can see myself replacing the neck pickup on the Model 4 with a SC sized humbucker perhaps.

Comment

Nice score man! Thanks for sharing

Comment

Congrats and awesome collection. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I agree about the j100. It is a great single coil.

Comment

congrats

Comment

Grats! And that's a really nice fire crackle you have there too!
                      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Great collection!

Comment

That fire crackle is one amazing finish

Comment

Working...
                          X