Neck angle on 1987 Model 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck angle on 1987 Model 6

Anyone know what the neck angle is on the Model 5 & 6 neck thru with the non recessed Floyds?

Not sure of the degree, but it's tilted back to keep the trem higher off the body and not straight like it would be on a recessed Floyd.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Did the Kahler-equipped Model 5 and 6 have angled necks too?

Comment

Hmmm, good question. I don't know much about the models with Kahlers, as I've never really liked playing them. I had a friend with two Washburns in the '80s... liked the guitars but not the feel of the Kahlers.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

In general I believe the neck angle to be similar between Kahler and NR Floyd-equipped guitars.

Comment

Because the Kahler sits so high on the body and the saddles usually sit fairly high to add pressure, the neck has to be angled for correct action. I can't tell you the degree either, but I can definitely tell you the neck is angled. I have a guitar from another company that has no neck angle and a Kahler, the action is terrible without a shim in the neck pocket to add angle. Makes me wonder if it shipped like that but I sure hope not.

Comment

Originally posted by EntrailsOfU View Post
              Because the Kahler sits so high on the body and the saddles usually sit fairly high to add pressure, the neck has to be angled for correct action. I can't tell you the degree either, but I can definitely tell you the neck is angled. I have a guitar from another company that has no neck angle and a Kahler, the action is terrible without a shim in the neck pocket to add angle. Makes me wonder if it shipped like that but I sure hope not.
              I am sure someone measured over the years to show this, but...
              The Model 6 had a non-recessed tremolo. It didn't sit lower than a Kahler.

Comment

Working...
              X