mij neck eBay body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mij neck eBay body

Hi guys I tought I should post a photo of one of my Charvels since I’m new and I have been reading here a bit.
    This is a neck and bridge from a mij pro mod and a maple body from eBay which is insanely heavy but sounds great. I put a dimarzio super 3 pickup.
    tell me what you think!
    Last edited by SevenModes; 11-14-2018, 08:49 PM.

beautiful !
    A few Charvels, a bunch of Jacksons, JVM full stack, valve king half stack and an 4000 watt PA for a home stereo, my neighbors love me....

Comment

WOW!

Who is the manufacturer of the body?

The DiMarzio Super 3 sounds like it would be a nice balance to the all-maple body. Maple is super bright while the Super 3 has the treble rolled off.

Comment

Great job! Is it an optical illusion or does that have a scalloped board?

Comment

The ad mentioned the body was made by Blackhorse . It has a really thin finish that is affected by nail polish so I think it might be nitro.
          The reason I chose the Super 3 out of everything I tried in this is because it does exactly what you said, it gives this bright guitar a full sound. I like to keep this pickup far away from the strings, it sounds much more woody and becomes fantastic.

Lefty you must have a good eye because I don’t see it in the picture but the edges of this neck are heavily rolled and from some angles it looks scalloped

Comment

Nice. Needs a chrome vol knob though.

Comment

Looks great! Love that color.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Looks awesome. So, I guess blackhorse makes a 2.25" neck pocket? Or did you have to do a little work to get the neck to fit. I know the mij necks are 2.25".

Comment

Yes, the body is Charvel spec. It has a 2 1/4 neck pocket and it even has the Charvel shape control cavity.

Comment

Dang I'll have to keep them in mind if I ever happen across another J/C neck. How tight is that binding work?

Comment

Beauty

Comment

Actually it's faux binding, it's just the exposed Maple cap. Not sure if this is a good or bad thing, but i like it !

Comment

That's a good thing!

Comment

Working...
                          X