Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 3DR Crackle?

Hello all,
    I'm new to the forum and looking for some expertise on this crackle body I just picked up. From my research I believe it is a 1988 Model 3DR body but I can't find any information on the heel contour or the recess for the JT-6. From what I can tell the crackles had a standard heel and a top mount JT-6. Anyway, any information or insight would be appreciated as I try to piece it all back together. Will a OFR fit this recess and studs? I'm probably better off measuring with some calipers. I may snag a Warmoth neck (Charvel's have the 2 1/4" pocket...Warmoth necks are 2 3/16").

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Jm?usp=sharing

Thanks.

I highly think that is a predator body. Which would explain the heel contour and the quite small FR recess since it would have had a schaller. And in that case OFR wouldnt fit because it has those longer locking screws. But then again a Schaller would fit =)

Comment

That's definitely a Predator not a 3DR

Comment

Thanks for the information!

Comment

So that recess is for a JT-590 then. I think the Floyd Rose PRO will fit also. I'll have to measure the stud locations to make sure. I really don't want to plug and re-drill.

Comment

The Pro should work.

Comment

Thanks ed. I'll rough fit it with the PRO and go from there. I'll report my findings soon.

Comment

it is the floyd rose pro a direct replacement for the JT-590 without mods ?

Comment

I found the trem route for both the Original Floyd and the Floyd PRO on Floyd's website. The main difference is the longer string lock screws (Like ed said). My current trem route won't allow for the longer screws. I measured my body route today and the dimensions match the route needed for the PRO. I could probably try the OFR and find shorter screws that don't extend past the route.

Comment

Working...
                  X