Body info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body info

I just bought a neck off of FB... Maple board toothpaste. Im thinking of build the Charvel that never was, Single Hum, Kahler, maple board, reverse headstock,

Is there anyone out there making spot on body copies?
    A few Charvels, a bunch of Jacksons, JVM full stack, valve king half stack and an 4000 watt PA for a home stereo, my neighbors love me....

I think the easiest way to get a body with khaler and single hum routing would be to find a used model 2 body on ebay, they are not so rare and i see them pop up sometimes. You could also try musikraft.

Comment

SevenModes, will that Model 2 body idea work? The 1986 Model 2 and 3 came with Kahler fulcrum tremolos. 1987-onwards, they received the JT6 tremolo. Unless phragle's reference to the Kahler is about the Kahler fulcrum trem instead of the usual Kahler cam-operated trem...

Comment

I think you are right he is surely talking about the Kahler cam it has a different spacing, it would need some work to fit.

Comment

How badly do you want the 1-hum? You could save a lot of time, money, and effort going with a HSS build.

Comment

I think Im leaning towards the kne SD body in basswood.. has anyone used them?
            A few Charvels, a bunch of Jacksons, JVM full stack, valve king half stack and an 4000 watt PA for a home stereo, my neighbors love me....

Comment

Looking at their website these guys seem to make replacement bodies at a good price that’s good to know!

Comment

Working...
              X