1987 Model 6 original strap buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1987 Model 6 original strap buttons

I switched my strap buttons years ago for strap locks, but now I want to restore to original. Problem is I threw the originals in my box of random guitar parts with like 20 other strap buttons... Can anyone shed light on what the originals were or what they looked like? Even just a picture of a stock Model guitar's buttons up close would be helpful. Thanks.

They're bigger buttons than most other guitars.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Here is my Model 1C. Its strap buttons are stock. I don't have any extreme close-up photos of the strap buttons themselves, but the photo is clear enough that you should be able to identify the correct strap buttons from your box of parts.

The strap buttons would have been uniform and "standard issue" across all production models (all Model Series) so it's safe to assume your Model 6 had the same strap buttons as my guitar.

Comment

Original strap buttons are Gotoh parts.

Comment

This is perfect, thanks!

Comment

My one Jackson, the strap button was so damn big - I unscrewed it from the guitar, I slipped the strap on over the small end of the button, and then put it back on the guitar.

30 years later, that strap has never been taken off.

Comment

Originally posted by Kisonen View Post
              Original strap buttons are Gotoh parts.
              I should have realized Gotoh makes total sense. My tuners are Gotoh, as is the 6-screw vintage tremolo.

Comment

Damn I love your 1C

Comment

Working...
                X