Charvel Model 5FX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Model 5FX

So I know these are "semi" rare for a model series guitar with the whole neck pickup thing being added by the USA factory. Is there any way to approximate how many were actually produced? What is the story behind these? They started as a 5A with just a single humbucker but didn't sell well is all I know. Does that make them more rare or valuable by any means?

You've basically covered the story. They were a Model 5 variant made in Japan, and were routed for an angled neck single coil at the Ft Worth headquarters (not at the Ontario factory).

I have some vague recollection of there being 100 or 150 guitars modded into 5FXs. I'm sure someone will be along momentarily to correct me. They certainly aren't common, but I don't think it makes them particularly valuable.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Awesome. Scored a crackle the other night for an ok price. Wife thought I was crazy cause I already have a 3DR in crackle and she said it was the same. LOL Pics to come soon.

Comment

I don't remember the number, but some got tone controls and some didn't.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by EntrailsOfU View Post
          Awesome. Scored a crackle the other night for an ok price. Wife thought I was crazy cause I already have a 3DR in crackle and she said it was the same. LOL Pics to come soon.
          Nice. Pics, of course, are required

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          I don't remember the number, but some got tone controls and some didn't.
          oh yea, tone pots. Forgot about that too
          Hail yesterday

Comment

I was going to wait till I received the guitar, but here is a picture to tide you all over. No tone control which I actually don't mind at all. http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p...psa7zwgaqt.jpg

Comment

Very cool! I used to have a 5A, but wouldn't mind a 5FX these days as I love single coils in the neck.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I was amazed how much I liked the single in the neck on my 3DR. Then I decided I wanted something neck through. I'm also a crackle addict!

Comment

Working...
                X