WTF did somebody do ?????? lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF did somebody do ?????? lol

Saw this in a musicgoround in Columbus yesterday.... 86? body, toothpaste neck, kahler with a floyd locking nut, not one knob matches, the strings are offset on the neck. You really need to try to screw a guitar up this bad....
    Attached Files
    A few Charvels, a bunch of Jacksons, JVM full stack, valve king half stack and an 4000 watt PA for a home stereo, my neighbors love me....

The pup rings on the singles are interesting.

Comment

That is bizarre

Comment

The string retainer bar (string tree) at the headstock is also aftermarket, installed crooked, and totally unnecessary. And it doesn't even do its job of retaining the high E string.

What is that circular silver thing near the C of the Charvel logo?

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
          The string retainer bar (string tree) at the headstock is also aftermarket, installed crooked, and totally unnecessary. And it doesn't even do its job of retaining the high E string.

What is that circular silver thing near the C of the Charvel logo?
          It looks like a string tree aswell. When 1 tree simply isnt enough. So the neck is a 375 neck and it would have come with a schaller trem->floyd nut.

Comment

I don't think that string-offset is fixable by adjusting the neck, unless that Kahler allows independent string separation, that guitar needs work in the neck pocket
            "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

The high E is not even seated in the saddle on the bridge. That would explain why it's hanging out there so far.
              The string trees are just dumb as hell and totally not needed.
              -Rick

Comment

There's something very very wrong with the locknut but I'm not sure what exactly.

Comment

Any guesses as to how the two mini-switches and the single 3-way switch work together?

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                    The high E is not even seated in the saddle on the bridge. That would explain why it's hanging out there so far.
                    The string trees are just dumb as hell and totally not needed.
                    Good eye. Well that brings it back to being playable. I cant get past those single coil pickup rings.

Comment

Working...
                    X