Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So the other day, I got the bright idea....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So the other day, I got the bright idea....

To take the neck off of my 86 Model 3 that has some wiring issues and slap it onto my GFS Xaviere XV-820 Tele style body that has the GFS Vintage Tele pickups in it stock. I took the neck of that guitar because I want to strip the thick finish off of it, so with both guitar bodies being neckless, I figured why not right?
    The neck fit the pocket PERFECTLY. I did have to plug the screw holes and drill new ones, but no big deal.
    So I get it bolted up, and strung. Action was getting high towards bridge end so rather than go looking for my truss wrench, I slackened the strings, took the neck off and put a couple shims in then bolted it back on and tuned it back up.
    Honestly, I wasn't really expecting that much, but FUCK!!...
    I like the way this guitar plays and sounds a LOT more than it did on the Charvel body! This thing sustains for days, action is PERFECT, and has the sweetest Tele tones.
    AND....
    It shreds with this neck!
    Never for one minute did I entertain the thought of keeping these two parts together, but after playing it for hours on end, I don't see myself taking these apart. They're a match made in rock heaven! I'm just gonna have to buy another Charvel neck off of the bay if I want to get my Model 3 back together, because this neck found a new permanent home.
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Shred tele's are always a great idea, let's see some pics!

Comment

Yeah, pics!
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Ok....
        Hopefully you can see it?
        I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

If there was some way to reproduce these necks exactly, but with a Tele style headstock, I would totally pull a 1976 Wayne Charvel and piece them together then sell them. Much how he started Charvel guitars with basically hot rodding Fender strats. This thing is a monster player. Ridiculous in how good it plays and sounds.

Comment

I would designate it the "Charviere Model T"
            The Charviere name in homage to the two companies (Charvel neck and Xavier body) that this "prototype" was derived from...and cuz I'd need a company name and...why not Charviere LOL.
            Model in homage to the Charvel Model 3 neck that makes it play so well
            T in homage to the Tele style body
            And just like the Ford Model T from yesteryear...
            You can order any color you like
            As long as it's black LOL
            I could rip off three different companies to sell one product hahaha
            Ahhhhhh .....Merica! LOL
            Last edited by bombtek; 10-18-2017, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Nice! Turned out really cool.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
                If there was some way to reproduce these necks exactly,
                Schecter. The Schecter rep is always telling me that I can get a true one of a kind custom shop, not just a list of predetermined options for guitar models.
                And if you want a "clone" of something, they can use lasers to measure and reproduce necks and bodies.

Comment

That's the expensive route lol....if it were something I was seriously considering, I'd find an Asian source that'd did the same thing. I'm ALL about cheapness man! LOL

Comment

Cool! Thanks for sharing.

Always loved the look of tele body with a pointy headstock. I wish Charvel would do a 6 string model with a pointy headstock instead of the fender's shape.
                    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
                      Cool! Thanks for sharing.

Always loved the look of tele body with a pointy headstock. I wish Charvel would do a 6 string model with a pointy headstock instead of the fender's shape.
                      They have in the past. Look for a Legend, or model 7. Cool guitars.

Comment

Those were on my list of possible guitars to hunt down before I decided to assemble this mutt, but they go for too much money and I like the control layout of a traditional tele much much more. Not to mention I'm not that big of a fan of reverse headstocks. Mine might not be all Charvel, but the heart of the guitar is the neck, and this assembly came out better than I imagined both tone wise as well as in playability. It actually, seriously shreds. Shreds while sounding like a traditional tele. Best of both worlds IMO.

Comment

Working...
                        X