Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reason for Charvel's toothpaste-logo numbering system? (275, 375, 475, 550, 650, 750)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reason for Charvel's toothpaste-logo numbering system? (275, 375, 475, 550, 650, 750)

We have certain model numbers in the Charvel "toothpaste logo" guitars that have a numbering convention.

The 275, 375, and 475 end in "75".

The 550, 650, and 750 end in "50".

I mean, why not name them the 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, and 700? I can't figure out the significance behind the final two digits.

Semi-related: In my residential neighborhood, there are many short streets where the address numbers are in the thousands. A street that has maybe 30 houses on it might have the following silly addresses:

1501 Anywhere Street
    1502 Anywhere Street
    etc.
    All the way up to 1530 Anywhere Street

Instead of starting at #1501 and ending at #1530, why not just start at #1 and stop at #30? There are clearly not fifteen hundred houses on this tiny street anyway.

Same thing with the Charvels. Why not SIMPLIFY the numbers? Yngwie was wrong; More is NOT more.

A number of the models that had toothpaste logos had Japanese Market-only versions that had guitar logos. For whatever that's worth.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Were they also called x75 and x50?

Comment

Good question. Although I feel like there is no real good reason, and it was the brainchild of one person with a fairly obscure reason.

Comment

Maybe 75 = bolt on and 50 = neck through/set neck?
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
            Maybe 75 = bolt on and 50 = neck through/set neck?
            Sounds reasonable given that it matches up with the models and specs.
            -Rick

Comment

That's actually brilliant and makes sense.

Comment

Dont forget the predator. Doh! Ill let the fusion slide because it crosses Brands, years, country of manufacture, etc.

Comment

Working...
                X