Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Near as I can figure it's a 1989 Candy Blue....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Near as I can figure it's a 1989 Candy Blue....

I picked up this Spectrum recently, and it doesn't have the heel relief that the 90-91 models I have seen, so I'm assuming it's an '89. I got the hard shell case with it too.

I had always wanted a reverse dinky, but I think I like this much better. I do wish it was pink, but blue will do.

I wasn't super happy with the J200 pickups, so I pulled the harness so I can restore it later.

I had had initially wanted to put a hot rail in the bridge, and a YJM middle and neck, but the routes for the pickups is really narrow. The flange on the YJM pickups couldn't be removed to make them fit.

I put a blue/silver/silver lace sensor set in and it played clean beautifully, but it didn't get dirty enough for me, so I ended up with red/silver/blue, and she sounded much better.

I have a new pickguard on the way, and I'm not positive I like the pop-in trem arm, I can't seem to keep it from being wobbly.

The JT6 trem makes it an 89, after that they had the Schaller trem. That's a nice one.
    METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonaxes View Post
      The JT6 trem makes it an 89, after that they had the Schaller trem. That's a nice one.
      Thanks, I couldn't remember what that trem was called.

Its pretty near perfect, I got it from a guy in his early 20's and he said it was his dad's. It had been stored without a battery.

The worst part of the whole package, is a broken/missing latch on the case.

Comment

Yeah it needed a new pickguard badly. ...

Comment

Sweet. Love that color and pickguard.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Truss rod cover done too..

Now i I can rule the world...

Comment

Very cool!
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Now I just need a matching pink Charvel telecaster..

Comment

Originally posted by AngelDeVille View Post
                  Now I just need a matching pink Charvel telecaster..
                  I had to settle for a Jackson sl4x... Tracking says Wednesday...

Comment

Your Spectrum also has the Kahler Floyd style nut my friend also has on his Model 6.

Comment

Originally posted by Genebaby View Post
                      Your Spectrum also has the Kahler Floyd style nut my friend also has on his Model 6.
                      It's like taking a time machine back to 1989.

Comment

Working...
                      X