Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The DeMartini Snake has Floyd Rose Special bridges now it seems...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The DeMartini Snake has Floyd Rose Special bridges now it seems...

I think it's ridiculous that a $1400 guitar is equipped with a Floyd Rose Special bridge.
    Check this link: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MartiniSnake

I spotted this on one of these months back and thought it may have been a fluke, because these models always came with the Floyd Rose FRT-O1000. Now I see another Snake with the Special bridge on it. The Special is a decent bridge but I don't think it has any place being on a guitar at that price point, especially when much less expensive Charvel models are using the 1000-series bridge.

And I've always had a problem with what seems to be more and more upper-mid range guitars being equipped with the Special version of the Floyd Rose. But in this particular case, I think using this bridge in the DeMartini Snake is just ludicrous. I hope this is some error in manufacturing...

Originally posted by Scream And Fly View Post
    I think it's ridiculous that a $1400 guitar is equipped with a Floyd Rose Special bridge.
    Check this link: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MartiniSnake

I spotted this on one of these months back and thought it may have been a fluke, because these models always came with the Floyd Rose FRT-O1000. Now I see another Snake with the Special bridge on it. The Special is a decent bridge but I don't think it has any place being on a guitar at that price point, especially when much less expensive Charvel models are using the 1000-series bridge.

And I've always had a problem with what seems to be more and more upper-mid range guitars being equipped with the Special version of the Floyd Rose. But in this particular case, I think using this bridge in the DeMartini Snake is just ludicrous. I hope this is some error in manufacturing...
    I will have to agree with you on this.

I had a MIJ Pro Mod a few years ago and had a Korean Floyd on it...the 2000 model maybe?

It didn't feel as good to the touch, and wasn't built as well as the German one I purchased.

You have to spend like $2,000 on a guitar to get the German one, like on the ESP guitars.

I just find it inferior when you spend that money for a nice guitar.

That's why I'm assembling my own with the parts I want.

Comment

Working...
    X