No announcement yet.

1986 Charvel Model 5 Kahler/Nut Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the first post he stated "Now the strings drag on the frets, Kahler's damn near maxed out on saddle adjustments, shouldn't need to be half this high..." so a Shim for the Kahler is needed to raise it higher.

For the nut, just start over from scratch. The OP shouldn't be concerned with the original nut height. Be concerned with what the CORRECT nut height should be.

Comment

Alright, so I'll look into getting a taller nut, anyone no of one off hand that will fit best?... I looked into shimming up the Kahler, I saw shims for the nut lock, but didn't see any for the tremolo itself, anyone know where I can score one?... Thanks for all the help fellas...

Comment

And rjohnstone is correct, those floyd shims won't work as it has a phenolic nut... Sorry for the late replies, I was out of town over the weekend...

Comment

Ordered Fender/Jackson replacement graphite nut, part no. 0096769000, so hopefully that will bring that end up, also ordered a couple of Kahler tremolo shims from Wammi World, so hopefully between the two, should be able to adjust for the issues at hand...lol Thanks for everyone's help, if anyone thinks of anything else, don't hesitate to let me know...

Comment

You've done so much work already, if the graphite nut doesn't work just craft a bone nut. Stew-Mac sell them and other parts as well.

Comment

Sounds good will do, thanks again for your help...

Comment

Working...
              X