Charvel Pro Mods Floyd Rose special ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Pro Mods Floyd Rose special ?

Does anyone know if the Floyd Rose special is the new default bridge for all Charvel Pro Mods or just the Demartini's?

To the best of my knowledge, they're all FR 1000 series - the MIK original Floyd.

Comment

All the newer Jackson Floyd Specials are marked like this now:

If it doesn't have that Jackson logo on it and it's an import guitar, it's a Korean model OFR.

Comment

Originally posted by lepard View Post
        If it doesn't have that Jackson logo on it and it's an import guitar, it's a Korean model OFR.
        Unless it specifically says Floyd Rose Special on it I had a 2016 Jackson SL3X Soloist that was explicitly marked this way.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
          Unless it specifically says Floyd Rose Special on it I had a 2016 Jackson SL3X Soloist that was explicitly marked this way.
          Yeah, that's about the time of changeover. Good point.

Comment

The Demartini snake pro mods at Sweetwater say Floyd Rose Special on them but the specs state FR-01000 Korean?

Comment

Interesting. I just happened to go into a local shop that had some import Jacksons today and, sure enough, some of them had FR Specials on them. Others had the Jackson logo'd Floyd like pictured above. And others just said "Floyd Rose", which I assume were the MIK 1000 series. But there didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it, like the higher priced ones had MIK while lower were specials? Maybe it was old stock vs newer. In any event, seems like there has been a bridge spec change on some import models recently. Good luck trying to figure out which models and when, though. Confusing and disappointing.

Comment

The MIK 1000 Series are "higher end" than the Specials.

Hierarchy or perceived quality and prestige of Floyd Rose products:

1) Original Floyd Rose. Made in Germany by Schaller.

2) 1000 Series. Made in Korea... by Ping? Identical in dimensions and metal composition to German Schaller OFR. They just happen to be made in Korea and cannot be bought on their own, since they're meant to be found equipped OEM to guitars.

3) Floyd Rose Special. Made who knows where. Saddles are made of zinc alloy (instead of steel) and sustain block is made of zinc alloy (instead of brass).

Comment

Yeah, understand that and agree. I meant there didn't seem to be any logic to the hierarchy of which Floyd versions correspond to which Jackson models. From the stock on hand in that shop, it seemed all over the place.

Comment

I guess it falls under the fine print escape clause. Specs and prices are subject to change without notice.

Comment

Really doesn't matter, just toss that junk and get yer self a Gotoh! lol

Comment

>> The Demartini snake pro mods at Sweetwater say Floyd Rose Special on them but the specs state FR-01000 Korean?

About 2 weeks ago I bought what was probably the last Demartini from SweetWater that had the 1000 series Floyd. Looking at the pics on their website a couple days ago, they're now the Specials.
                        "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

Originally posted by jspeed View Post
                          Really doesn't matter, just toss that junk and get yer self a Gotoh! lol
                          How the Gotoh fits comparing it to a Special? My cheap Ltd Alexi would like this upgrade!
                          JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                          Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                            The MIK 1000 Series are "higher end" than the Specials.

Hierarchy or perceived quality and prestige of Floyd Rose products:

1) Original Floyd Rose. Made in Germany by Schaller.

2) 1000 Series. Made in Korea... by Ping? Identical in dimensions and metal composition to German Schaller OFR. They just happen to be made in Korea and cannot be bought on their own, since they're meant to be found equipped OEM to guitars.

3) Floyd Rose Special. Made who knows where. Saddles are made of zinc alloy (instead of steel) and sustain block is made of zinc alloy (instead of brass).

The Floyd Rose Special is also made in Korea. There is a misconception that the Floyd Rose Special base plate of the bridge is the very same as the one used in the Korean 1000-series. They are the same in dimension, however the 1000-series bridge base plate is hardened all over like the German Original, and the Special is hardened only at the knife edge detents, where it will contact the bridge posts.

I think the Floyd Rose Special is a decent bridge, but has absolutely no business being equipped OEM on a $1400 guitar. This is a trend I've been noticing more and more; with the Special bridge being used by OEMs on more upper-mid range guitar models, where they used to, or should have the 1000-series unit.

*Also: the string spacing on the German-made Floyd Rose is slightly wider than the Korean-made 1000-series and Special. I'm not sure why, but that's how it is. The bridge post spacing is exactly the same all of them though.
                            Last edited by Scream And Fly; 03-24-2017, 05:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X