Need some help with my charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help with my charvel

Hello I bought this guitar like 5 years ago and it still one of the best in my collection and still I have no idea about the model or manufacturer period of this guitar can someone can help me with the model and manufacturing year?

https://myalbum.com/album/fLUpTP6yLErP

Check the link for pics

Thank you

I think you have a parts caster there. if that neck came on that body, the neck plate and trem and tuners and pick up are wrong. if the neck plate came with the body the neck pick up was routed out and the neck is incorrect. either way that neck did not come with that locking nut.

Comment

I had a model 4M that came with that same lock nut from the factory. It had a JT6 trem.
      METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Hmmm

Comment

How many times have we seen companies use up the old parts before using the new parts.
          Even though a "mutt" is a possibility. Jackson going from Kahler to JT6 makes it believable that these could also be original.
          Last edited by pianoguyy; 01-22-2017, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
            How many times have we seen companies use up the old parts before using the new parts.
            Even though a "mutt" is a possibility. Jackson going from Kahler to JT6 makes it believable that these could also be original.
            Maybe old parts but I have never seen a model series neck plate on a none pointy head stock neck guitar. made in japan fender style head stock necked guitars came after the model series. The neck pick up route is not right for any model series guitar either.

Comment

Oops.
              My dumb ass didn't even notice it was a strat head.

Comment

Logo appears to be correct for an early era MIJ strathead... I don't see why someone would fake that.

Could be parts mutt or maybe some rare non-US market mid-80's build.
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                X