Charvel Wildcards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Wildcards?

Anyone have a list/catalog of these? I Can't seem to find a comprehensive list with pics and specs!
    Creating a Guitar Telegram Group (in English) Guitar Telegram Group

I own 6 of the 8. I Have not been able to find a catalog either. they were pictured 1 at a time on the promod catalog pages. some of these are posted some were here on the forum, but not enough of them to show all 8 models.

Comment

This is what I collected, I found nothing on the #2 (anyone?) and I am still digging for the specs of each one.

Charvel Wildcard #1 - USA
      Trans Kandy Magenta

Charvel Wildcard #2 - USA
      Fiesta Red

Charvel Wildcard #3 - USA

Charvel Wildcard #4

Charvel Wildcard #5

Charvel Wildcard #6
      Candy tangerine (Dreamsicle) hardtail

Charvel Wildcard #7

Charvel Wildcard #8

Last edited by G37-R34DY; 09-21-2016, 01:38 AM.

Comment

The USA ones are #1, #2, and #3. They are here: http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/145...ls-catalog-ads

The rest are Japanese.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
          The USA ones are #1, #2, and #3. They are here: http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/145...ls-catalog-ads

The rest are Japanese.

Thanks I edited this with your pics and info.

Comment

As for specifications, some general specs are listed further in the thread I linked. There are also prices. For example, http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/145...=1#post1645819

Comment

#6 was the candy tangerine (Dreamsicle) hardtail.

charvel-pro-mod-wild-card-6-dreamsicle.jpg
              Attached Files
              Last edited by rjohnstone; 09-19-2016, 11:56 AM.
              -Rick

Comment

Here's #3

-Rick

Comment

I am updating with the info I find on the forum, just to try to keep everything in one place. Looks easier to find. If you have any other info please post it here!

Comment

I'm still infatuated with Wild Card #3. It's a perfect simple Charvel.

However, I've only ever played a Wild Card #4 locally. I documented my experience with one here: http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/149...e)-Yay-or-nay?

In the world of American and Japanese Pro-Mods, I think the Standards were gloss black, then there were the Limited colors. The eight Wild Cards not just had a special color, but maybe had different pickup configurations, different bridges, or a different fretboard wood (for example, rosewood instead of maple on Wild Card #1).

I'd be willing to bet most of the pickups, where appropriate, were Duncan JBs, Duncan 59s, and Duncan Classic Stacks depending on configuration. A quick Google search tells me my hunch is correct; more careful research on each model would probably yield the specs on each Wild Card. Wild Card #8 seems to have an EMG-85. The So-Cals (which have nothing to do with the Wild Cards) were a bit more unique in their choice of DiMarzio pickups, which aren't traditionally associated with Jackson/Charvel.
                    Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 09-20-2016, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Here are the spec summaries for Wildcards #2, #3 and #4:

Last edited by guirat; 10-08-2017, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                        I'm still infatuated with Wild Card #3. It's a perfect simple Charvel.

However, I've only ever played a Wild Card #4 locally. I documented my experience with one here: http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/149...e)-Yay-or-nay?

In the world of American and Japanese Pro-Mods, I think the Standards were gloss black, then there were the Limited colors. The eight Wild Cards not just had a special color, but maybe had different pickup configurations, different bridges, or a different fretboard wood (for example, rosewood instead of maple on Wild Card #1).

I'd be willing to bet most of the pickups, where appropriate, were Duncan JBs, Duncan 59s, and Duncan Classic Stacks depending on configuration. A quick Google search tells me my hunch is correct; more careful research on each model would probably yield the specs on each Wild Card. Wild Card #8 seems to have an EMG-85. The So-Cals (which have nothing to do with the Wild Cards) were a bit more unique in their choice of DiMarzio pickups, which aren't traditionally associated with Jackson/Charvel.
                        The #3 is really my favourite too. I just got a #8 (it will be here mid october...so a lot of time to wait), despite the EMG not really being my thing, I love the hotrod graphic and I wanted to try one out. Got it in a good deal together with a rainbow crackle predator. I'll post about these as soon as they arrive. #6 looks like a great guitar too, and I like the fact that these are "out of the main scheme" guitars. It gives them the right personality.

Comment

Originally posted by guirat View Post
                          Here are the spec summaries for Wildcards #2 and #4. I don't have any other Wildcard ones unfortunately (except #3 shown above).
                          They are originally pdf files (better quality), if there is some way to upload them I could do that.
                          Thanks, info added above!

Comment

Working...
                          X