Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waiting for my new Model 1A - pics inside (?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so...a couple weeks of playing later, here are some comments.
    Let me mention that this guitar is quite modified, as already told. So the following may not apply. Besides the gotoh bridge with graphtec saddles, a custom (beveled) graphite nut and gotoh tuners, also the electronics are not stock (it looks like switchcraft or some other high end setup), even the output jack. Everything feels sooo much better than any other Charvel I have, that I'm thinking of introducing these mods on all my other guitars.
    Anyway...this is my first maple fretboard Charvel, and I can compare it with my fenders as the only viable comparison I have (usa fenders from around 1995-1996-1997). It's quite hard to explain but...this guitar feels, plays, "sings" better in every aspect. The way the guitar resonates from the tip of the neck to the body is absolutely unique. It's crazy that its value is about one fifth of the fenders. Actually, I will just keep the fenders because they are a better form of investment thank stocks , otherwise I'd be selling all of them.
    Of all the strat-like guitars I tried, this is by far the best. It's truly exceptional. Out of curiosity, I'll be looking for another 1A without the mods, as I want to understand if it's the mods that make the difference, if it's a lucky combination of woods and whatever, or if model 1as are actually the most undervalued guitars I ever put my hands on.
    Creating a Guitar Telegram Group (in English) Guitar Telegram Group

Comment

Working...
    X