While amp shopping.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While amp shopping.

I was at Russo's Music in Trenton NJ a few weeks back and I was Demo'ing amps with a 2015 Charvel Pro Mod San Dimas Hard Tail.
    I have a 2013 which is exactly the same except I modified mine with a new better quality 3 way switch and a Lil59 pickup in the Neck position.
    After playing the 2015 I can't believe how much different the guitar sounds and feels. Without having the Mini Humbucker in the neck position, you loose that sweet sounding middle position and your stuck with a single coil sound in the neck. I think that completely sucks and a huge flaw IMO in this guitar.
    I'm so happy they did away with it in 2016 which I also own as they put a Humbucker there with Split coil so you don't lose the Single coil for this who like it and you also get a hum bucker for those who like a thicker sound like me.
    What you do lose compared to my modified 2013 is the sweet middle position, well you didn't lose it you just didn't gain it.
    If you play any 2013-2015 San Dimas Floyd model, try out the middle position. It's a super sweet sounding position with tons of use.
    I plan on modifying my 2016's and removing the middle position Single coil option. I just gotta find out how to do it or take it to a Luther that can.
Working...
X