More upgrading!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More upgrading!

Got my big brass block finally. Here it is with my spare bridge.

Bridge out

Tools laid out to make them identical

Twins Julius!

Some disassembly required (I love this shit!)

Size does matter

So does length, nothing like a good long screw

We can rebuild him, we have the technology!

Back in!

Can barely see what this little thing is packing

Thoughts: the weight of this block is almost as much as the entire stock bridge. Tone and sustain on this was already really good because the Takeuchi block is bigger than most Floyds already but it's got more resonance and is a little richer.

Mods so far: Stacked "single" neck and middle pick ups, control cavity shielded, springs and unused string length silenced, big brass block...

Love this guitar.
    Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Love the captions.

What guitar is that?

Comment

SDK-075 ssh

Pretty much a Japanese market Fusion.
      Just bought another spare Charvel branded Takeuchi for $58 (including shipping)

Comment

Cool, did you lose any pull-up range? You have to watch that with those. That's a bitch too, because you can't shim the neck to recover from it.

Comment

Nope! Thanks BTW, had to double check and jammed for 45min. Definitely crisper through Amplitube on the phone through headphones.

Comment

Originally posted by artonsafari View Post
            Just bought another spare Charvel branded Takeuchi for $58 (including shipping)
            So here's the JT-580, I don't think a string has ever crossed these saddles. Gonna give it a more thorough going through but I'm guessing it was listed as "used" because it had been handled and there was no packaging.

Comment

Score! Nice "new old stock" bridge. Now you just need another big brass block to go with it.

In the below pic, what are those clear plastic tubes coating the trem springs? Did you make them yourself? Do you find they significantly reduce trem spring noise?

Comment

It's tubing from the local homebrew supply place, trimmed to fit. I forget what diameter, but the strings fit in perfectly and it's not likely to get caught in the coils. I also have a piece split and tucked under the length of string from the locking nut to the tuners. This guitar is dead quiet. Zero spring noise.

Comment

Working...
                X