Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Living with the 2016 San Dimas HT

What's up people?
    Now that I have owned it for awhile I wanted to give another review on this guitar.
    When you get a new guitar , it's all exciting and you most likely play it more then your others. But once that NEW excitement wears off, it's now just apart of your collection right? Well not really in my case.
    This guitar has earned it's right to be my number one and honestly when I play any of my other guitars, I want to play this one instead. Charvel nailed the neck which to me is the very best feeling neck I have ever played. It fits in my hand perfectly and I feel so at home playing it. I don't care it's flat Sawn vs Quarter Sawn but time will really tell on that one. So far I know it's only weeks old but it stays in tune much better then my 2013 model. The weather is constantly changing here in Lower Bucks County PA( Just north of Philadelphia) and that usually reeks havoc on necks. But this one doesn't seem effected.
    I honestly hated on the 6 pack of sound when I got it as I felt I'll never ever use any of the single coil sounds. I kinda still feel that way but I forced myself to use the single coil on the neck position volume control up for practicing clean no effects scale work. I'm learning Andres Segovia's Diatonic Major and Minor Scales which are fun as they use 2 to 3 octaves. I learned my scales in the BOX if you will as most if not all of you know exactly what I'm talking about.
    The guitar is amazing. It's finish is top notch. The white is so white and beautiful. I keep it in it's case and polished.
    The JB in the bridge now that I got it all dialed in is the best sounding JB I've owned. A lot has to do with the tweaking I did to it with some ideas from Tom Hawk before I purchased it. He set it up as it was right out of the box and needed a little adjustment. He adjusted the screw heights on the back part of the pickup and man did it bring out the mid range. Since then I fooled around with it to tweak it to my liking. Now I do this technic to all my JB pickups as I have 3 guitars with them.
    I can't even begin to say enough about the new bridge. It's so damn perfect and comfortable I so with Charvel would have used it on the older models like my 2013. The bridge sucks ass compared. I hate the stupid Height adjustment screws. I gotta get that taken care of as it drives me effin crazy. They are just to long on some of them and they stick you in the palm muting.
    It's like Charvel listened to all my requests and complaints about the 2013 model year. They did everything I asked. It's my personal Custom shop guitar without being an actual. Here's what I wanted.
    1) Truss rod wheel , I told them that taking the neck off is stupid and so old fashion. No need to do this when the wheel is available.
    2) Maple Fret board , Why not offer this on the hard tail? all other models get one.
    3) HH design , I'm not a fan of single coils and I replaced mine with a LIL59 and it brought balance to the guitar where with the classic stack it sounded like ass.
    4) Better quality bridge , the 2013 bridge is like a retarted Fender with crappy stupid to long height adjustment screws. They dig into your palm when palm muting .
    They killed all of that. I'm so overly happy with this guitar. Thank you Charvel for doing exactly what I wanted.
    The price of this guitar is perfect. I can't see owning anything else anymore. I have no desire to buy any other kind of guitars. I just plan on buying all models and many colors of this years offering. I find them to be perfect for me.
    Last edited by mantis; 04-11-2016, 07:23 AM.

Need to grab one of these soon....
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Kiesel Aries
    Charvel USA Wild Card #3
    EVH 5150 iii 50W, 1x12" EVH w/ Celestion Lynchback, Boss RV-3

Comment

The more I look at that guitar of yours, it looks like the best Charvel hardtail of all time to me too!

Comment

That looks so cool. Thanks for the review. I'm seriously considering pickup one of the trem versions of these.

Comment

Originally posted by jspeed View Post
          The more I look at that guitar of yours, it looks like the best Charvel hardtail of all time to me too!
          They really nailed it this year. I usually don't want to buy more then one of a model but I'm wanting a Black, Orange and that badass blue satin model.

Comment

I love how down to earth that guitar is.Simple ,white,no floyd(even though im floyd guy),good pickup options.The mag tone knob is a cool idea.great guitar,a real all rounder.

Comment

Are these MIM? Seem to be a really good value but have not played anything from CharvelDan since my pink San Dimas I had about 5 or 6 years ago. It was the USA model. Should have kept that one.

Comment

Yes it's a Mexican model. They have been since 2013.

Comment

Working...
                X