Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone else call out Charvel Sellers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone else call out Charvel Sellers?

Hey guys, quick question...

Do any of you contact sellers when they are complete bullshitting in their ads? I'm talking mainly about the guy that try to pass off model series guitars as USA and try to sell for dumb prices. Ex. Model 4s going for $700 etc.

Usually I will email just to inform them at first since I'm sure some read the neck plate and go 'OH, USA!'. I have only had one seller ever email me back and thank me for the correction.

Only if they're clearly confused about the country of manufacture. People are free to ask whatever price they choose. Whether they get it or not is up the buyers.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

yea, they can ask huge prices and we can laugh at them.

If they are listing guitars improperly it might just be they don't know. in this case a simple message to let them know is usually what I do.

If they clearly know and are fraudulently listing that is when I might post something. few weeks back I saw a shady 1988 jackson I had to let everyone know about due to the seller chopping it up a little bit and hiding the fact that there was major damage to the neck and neck pocket.

Comment

I have sent some very polite E-mails upon seeing improperly represented Charvel Or not Charvel guitars, but the price, well if some one is dumb enough to buy it and it was represented properly so be it!! I have a couple of times got back some really ugly replies, but most have been thank full and updated there adds.

Comment

I certainly don't email them saying they are idiots haha its usually like most of you, informing them they are MIJ and not MIA (and that this is NOT a bad thing) etc.

Comment

I think many times some people just see the Fort Worth PO Box and assume the guitar to be made in America.
            As far as the price of old Charvel MIJ Model Series guitars..... to me, some of them are better guitars than what you find hanging in most stores for a whole lot more.

Are some Model Series guitars in mint condition worth $500 to $800 bucks?
            I don't know, but I have a few that are better for cutting tracks, than some of my other guitars that I could easily sell for twice as much.

I think we're all spoiled, having been around old '80's Charvels for so long that maybe we forget why we still love playin them so much. lol

Comment

nope. used to occasionally. But I just honestly don't care that much any more
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                nope. used to occasionally. But I just honestly don't care that much any more
                same here. The world is full of idiots. I don't have time to educate them.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
                  same here. The world is full of idiots. I don't have time to educate them.
                  Catch 22.
                  If the people who don't know don't learn, they will repeat the misinformation.
                  And isn't there an old saying about repeating a lie until it becomes true...

Wayne Charvel was a genius, responsible for ushering in the modern Era of guitars.
                  Retired and gave his janitor Grover the business who ran it into the ground.

Comment

Actually Grover was a builder, not the janitor, and upon the success of Rhoads, and subsequent popularity of the brand, he wanted to keep all Jacksons USA made and neckthrough, while Charvel was the import and bolt-on subsidiary. Donny Fucking Wade and IMC ran it into the ground, and then along comes Akai to throw more dirt on it.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Newc, you have completely missed the point
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
                        Catch 22.
                        If the people who don't know don't learn, they will repeat the misinformation.
                        Sorry still don't care. Caveat emptor.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
                          Sorry still don't care. Caveat emptor.
                          Yeah, pretty much... there are tons of unscrupulous sellers out there... can't really be bothered to post about them.

If someone gets ripped off, that's something different. But buyer beware is certainly a rule to live by.
                          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Please don't misunderstand me. Folks posting about bad sellers here is great. Trying to educate the sellers is generally a fruitless endeavor.

I sold Charvel Model series guitars when they came out so I am intimately familiar with the confusion surrounding their country of origin. I dealt with people face-to-face that wanted to BUY them and tried to convince ME they were made in the US. I never argued with people about this fact but I was clear about the being MIJ no matter what they want ped to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                              Actually Grover was a builder, not the janitor, and upon the success of Rhoads, and subsequent popularity of the brand, he wanted to keep all Jacksons USA made and neckthrough, while Charvel was the import and bolt-on subsidiary. Donny Fucking Wade and IMC ran it into the ground, and then along comes Akai to throw more dirt on it.
                              But it at the end of the day still Wayne Charvel's company that Grover talked Wayne into putting his name on - even though a young upstart named Mike was increasingly doing the builds with clients like RR.

I hate to be "that guy" who says it, but Shannon put Jackson into a compete-or-leave situation, and Jackson left.

And Grover shouldn't bitch too much; for the longest time Jackson was the flagship in the Charvel "family" up until Fender took over and rendered them all below Fender.

Comment

Working...
                              X