Ngd trans Amber 750xl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ngd trans Amber 750xl

Came across this beauty the other day and scooped it up right when I saw it. It's almost identical to my red one, except the pickups are uncovered and the trem is stamped charvel instead of Jackson. It's also a little more beat up, whereas my red one I would consider to be mint. My 3rd and actual first 750xl which is a string thru and used to be Amber before someone decided to redo it, still sits in a case half sanded. I couldn't be happier with it, it sounds a lot meaner than my red one, not sure if it's because the pickups are open or what, but regardless I can now put the red one away in the case to keep it in that near mint shape. Here are a few pics.

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Love it! A pair of real beauties ya got there!

Comment

Awesome! Congrats.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

sigpic
        Action Jackson

Comment

I love those, the new is stunning. Best thing next to the Usa version.

Comment

Thanks guys, it's funny Nimitz I definitely make that face every time I walk into my jam room. I also just noticed that the pickup rings are different sizes, I'm sure that's common knowledge. Like I said earlier I like the sound of these pups more than my other one, however I want to buy some new ones to put in. Unfortunately I know squat when it comes to installing them, so I plan to have it done. Anyway I'm looking at some bkp's and when ordering they have specifications that I don't quite know. Rather than starting a new thread, hopefully a 750xl expert can give me some info.
            (1) I want to buy a calibrated set, right?
            (2) bridge spacing is 53mm, correct?
            (3) for conductor, I want 4 wire instead of 2 braided, cuz of 5-way switch?
            (4) long leg 1/2" or short leg 1/4"?
            (5) someone mentioned to me that when ordering make sure to request emg size?

Comment

congrats nice score!
              with BKs you don't need to buy a calibrated set , you can mix and match it all depends on what you're after.
              Bridge spaced
              4 wire will allow you to tap/split
              short leg (they are easier to sell if down the road you want to try something else)
              In that guitar I would try an Alnico Nailbomb Bridge ColdSeat/holydiver neck
              I have BK's in a bunch of my guitars
              If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Working...
              X