Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me identify this supposedly 1993 Charvel

Hi.

I recently stumbled upon on a Charvel guitar that is up for sale. Not having owned anything Jackson related in the past, I know nothing about Charvel/Jackson guitars.

Supposedly it's a 1993 made in Japan Charvel DK-085 SSH, with a serial number: 360287. The pickup combination is HSS (bridge J-50, single coils are J-100XL). Here are the pictures: http://imgur.com/a/HZDNv
    The description also says it has a mid boost switch and 24 frets, but they must be invisible or something...

My question is, is it a total fake or is the year just misattributed?

made for japan in japan My guess for the year would be 89' but they may not have used the toothpaste logo for 90'-91' charvels made for japan. looks like 22 frets to me! mid boost is very possible. very nice looking guitar even if the add is misrepresenting.

Comment

Nice! It's a 1990+ non US market MIj Charvel. You can tell by the guitar logo and the Floyd nut. Obviously not 24 fret, and probably no mid boost, but nice guitar.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Do you guys think it's worth getting for 400 euros/450 USD (without shipping)?

Comment

If you like it, it's a fair price. Think Charvel Model 4 but instead of a JT6 and Kahler nut, you get a rev headstock, Floyd nut and better control layout. If you're not in the US, 450US would be a pretty good price I think.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

To be fair, a JE1000 can be configured with 2 knobs. But it is probably just a tone knob.
            Face it, if someone doesn't know the difference between 22 and 24 frets - will they know the difference between a simple tone knob and a tone adjusting preamp?

Comment

Working...
            X