NGD? Charvette 170

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD? Charvette 170

so i got this ad on cg that im looking at, and i told him I'll grab it, hes asking 150. Seems like a good deal to me, it looks original to me too, and not in bad shape. The frets maybe a little worn? but I can deal with that, opinions? It's been years since I posted on here anyways.... I do not know if you can read the serial numbers on these to tell the years ? Hopefully it is a 1989, I heard those were made with the basswood bodies. [/IMG][IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]Thoughts ??? It can be a nice project guitar if work is needed

I really wouldn't pay more than $50-$75 for that. Chances.... it could be a plywood body. The components are crap.

No way in hell I'd pay over $100 for it.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Man, someone DUMPED a whole bottle of lemon oil all over that fretboard, it's not tire shine motherfucker, damn! I'd say tops is $125.00 ..if you really like it, cause you're not getting that back out of it.
      \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
        I really wouldn't pay more than $50-$75 for that. Chances.... it could be a plywood body. The components are crap.

No way in hell I'd pay over $100 for it.

I am glad you said that, because I have been shaking my head at the prices people have been asking for Charvette. Performers and Concepts too.

Comment

well, at least I know the fretboard isnt thirsty

Comment

I'm going to try to negotiate the price... If it's a MIJ I'll pay the price.

Comment

It's not MIJ... look at the 12th fret dots.

BTW, those Charvel branded pickups are crap too. Worse than Duncan Designed or EMG Hz, imo. You'll probably want to immediately swap those out.
              Last edited by xenophobe; 10-23-2015, 06:22 PM.

Comment

ah okay, oh well, I'm grabbing it this weekend. negotiated for 125, oh well I'll have a good time as a project

Comment

I paid 150.00 for this one. It is made in Japan, Basswood body and a takeuchi trem. Neck feels exactly like the model series necks.
                  METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonaxes View Post
                    I paid 150.00 for this one. It is made in Japan, Basswood body and a takeuchi trem. Neck feels exactly like the model series necks.
                    Look at the 12th fret dots... it feels exactly like a model series neck because it basically is.

Comment

Working...
                    X