Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel 625C - Electroacoustic guitar

Hi everyone !

I was wondering if anyone could help me for the specs, rating and "actual pricing" of my guitar, that I bought 120€ in a small shop near my ex-house !

That's a Charvel 625C "NAT" (I guess it stands for Natural), and the serial number is : 013539, made in Korea. It has 3 faders (bass, middle and treble), an on/off switch and a 9V battery.

I found some infos on the net in only one page and 2 ratings ..

So, let's stop "blah-blahing", here's some pics of "Aliénor", my natural beauty (named after my first love in college, yay !) :

http://imgur.com/a/PnCy4

(Sorry for just the link, I can even find a good hosting website ..)

I had one for a few years. Pretty dead sounding low end acoustic that too was made in Korea IIRC. Probably the Cort factory at that.

Really nice to look at and I confess to buying mine over other cheaper brands because it was a Charvel. Never got played much because despite whatever I could throw at it mod wise, it sounded tinny and dull. Ended up giving it to a friends daughter and picked up a solid top Yamaha that same weekend for under $80 with SKB case.

That Yamaha BLEW away the Charvel in terms of tone so my advice is to anyone out there would be to pass up on them and look for a solid top Yamaha or Jasmine that can be often had cheaper.

They sell for well under $200 on ebay with OHSC for what its worth.

BTW the preamp in those was just plain awful !

Comment

Always loved the looks- the fretboard extension into the soundhole always caught my eye. Lusted after a 12-string one for ever, but never got my hands on one.
      I will sacrifice Gracie Law to appease my emperor and live out my earthly pleasures with Miao Yin!

Comment

I had one, was a great looking guitar with great features, but just sounded like a cardboard box and couldnt get the action very low even with bridge work.
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Working...
        X