Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warmoth neck on an 80s Ft. Worth import?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warmoth neck on an 80s Ft. Worth import?

Has anyone tried replacing the neck on an 80s Ft. Worth "Model series" with a Strat neck from Warmoth? Just wondering if there were any considerations like pocket fit, screw hole size, etc.

They'll fit, but will have gaps on either side. Only ones that will fit right are the Baritone Conversion necks, because the neck pocket is wider than Warmoth's 22-fret Fender-spec heel.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks Newc, interesting. Have you done this, and do you have pics?
      I've always wanted a baritone guitar, so that is an intriguing option.

Comment

Nothing personal, but why the heck would anyone want to swap one of the fastest playing neck profiles with anything?
        Sorry, but those Model series necks are some of the most comfortable ever made. I don't get it...

Comment

Wanna sell that neck?

Comment

Originally posted by jspeed View Post
            Sorry, but those Model series necks are some of the most comfortable ever made. I don't get it...
            Don't be sorry, I agree with you. Those necks are some of the best I've ever played.
            You've just made some incorrect assumptions - I'm not tearing a guitar apart and I don't have anything to sell you.
            I'm just looking at some "parts" guitars for sale (body w/pups, no neck) and considering the possibilities of putting a Strat head on it if I bought it.

Comment

No pics of the pocket, sadly, just full shots of mutts I turned loose:

Model 375 Exotic with Baritone neck

Black Model 2 with added neck hum route

Model 2 with Flying Tiger decal

I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Evolver View Post
                Don't be sorry, I agree with you. Those necks are some of the best I've ever played.
                You've just made some incorrect assumptions - I'm not tearing a guitar apart and I don't have anything to sell you.
                I'm just looking at some "parts" guitars for sale (body w/pups, no neck) and considering the possibilities of putting a Strat head on it if I bought it.
                Got it, my bad.
                The ProMod necks should work fine too if you want the Strat look, they're same heel size as Model series.

Comment

Working...
                X