Charvel Model 1A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Model 1A

Hello. I have an old Charvel Model 1A or Model 1AS3 that needs a little love - it's missing two of the volume knobs and the tremolo bar. Does anyone know where to find hardware for these old guitars? I would like to "restore" it as closely as possible to its original condition. Thanks for any help.

Check out this site for replacement parts. Fellow JCF member Budman (Dave) makes great parts. Not sure he has everything you need but it's always a good place to start.

http://www.fretsonthenet.com/index.htm

Comment

Thanks, Johnnyryche. I've ordered the tremolo bar from Dave at fretsonthenet.com.

I'm still looking for the tone knobs, if anyone knows where to find them.

Also, I can't post pictures unless I post from a url. Can someone tell me how to put some pics of my guitar?

Comment

There's guys up on ebay that part out Charvel's, you can get the original knobs thru them, if all else fails.
        Good luck, welcome to the forum.

Comment

Thanks for the well wishes, jspeed! I will definitely check ebay for those knobs. When this baby's back in shape, and I've figured out how to load pictures, I'll show you guys the before and after pics.

Comment

Alright...there's a set of tone knobs from a model 4 on ebay. I know they'll fit the guitar, but does anyone know if these are the actual knobs for the 1A3S? In other words, did Charvel just use one stock tone knob?

Comment

Yes all the black metal knobs were the same. I've got a ton of them
              -------------------------
              Blank yo!

Comment

There you go dude, you're new connection for the originals.

Comment

Haha, awesome. Whammy bar just came in the mail. Five day turn around from payment until the product was at my door - well done Budman!!

I have a Gretsch Electromatic that I play mostly, but I've been playing this 1A again, lately. I can't believe how fast the neck is and how easy it is to bend the strings on this baby! This was my first electric guitar. I had no idea just how lucky I was at the time. Not to mention when you plug it in it wails!

Comment

1A's are great guitars always have been.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I love mine, to me they're better than every Stratocaster I've ever owned and I've owned a bunch.

Comment

That's a nice guitar, jspeed! Mine is black. I finally got the knobs on the way. I'll try to post pics soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Ni6htmare View Post
                          That's a nice guitar, jspeed! Mine is black. I finally got the knobs on the way. I'll try to post pics soon.
                          Thanks, I've owned them in red and black too; all great guitars for those "Strat" type single coil tones, but with some of the best necks ever made. IMHO

Comment

Working...
                          X