3DR body with Primer Scream neck...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3DR body with Primer Scream neck...

So I have this mutt I'm putting together and I ran into a dilemma.

Do I paint the headstock to match the body or the body to match the headstock?
    Or do I do a whole knew paint scheme?

Problem is the paint on the body is flawless as is the paint on the headstock.

Decisions decisions...
    Attached Files
    -Rick

Strip the headstock or paint it to match.

Screw Mark Twain BTW
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Another tid bit to add to the conundrum... the dots on the fretboard are yellow, like the Charvel logo.
      It looks good with the Pink body though I could go through the trouble of replacing them as well. Not hard really.

Mark Twain was always a bit of a smart ass.
      -Rick

Comment

Just leave it as is, problem solved.
        METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Pickup covers to match the gray headstock maybe?
          Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Leave it as is. Or maybe throw some gray and yellow splatter paint on it!
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              Leave it as is. Or maybe throw some gray and yellow splatter paint on it!
              That was a thought... throw some design on there to tie both paint colors together.
              -Rick

Comment

That definitely would be cool!
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Arghh! That's a tough call. Too bad you couldn't find a pink Charvel waterslide to replace the yellow. Love that neck with that body - great choices.

Comment

I got the same thing with a 2006 Reissue V trem that came with a USA promod neck. The owner flogged the pointy as it was impossible to tune and fitted the pro mod neck.

I got a Wildcard Orange neck for it, took the phenolic nut off the existing pro mod neck and used it on another guitar with a Floyd nut back on it.

Blue metallic body and an orange metallic headstock look quite cool though, I can't bring myself to refinish it as it's finished so well even though I actually have the Japanese Hardtail Wildcard with the same neck on it as well.

But I imagine that body to look steaming with a matching pink headstock, the same as mine would look better with a matching blue metallic headstock
                    You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

I present the 3DR Scream....
                      Little help from Dave over at Frets on the Net and a few trials to match the primer paint for the pickup ring and here it is.

Just need to wire it all up and get a proper 3-way switch for it. The 5-way in there now is just for mock up.

3DR-Scream.jpg
                      Last edited by rjohnstone; 04-16-2015, 08:29 PM.
                      -Rick

Comment

Eh, I'd just get the headstock refinished. Logos are easy to find and refinishing a headstock is pretty cheat. Heck, you could sand the finish off the headstock so it's just raw maple then slap a logo on it. The gray pickup ring is a tiny bandaid IMHO.

Comment

Yeah... I though about that, but the yellow logo goes with the yellow dot markers on the fretboard.
                          One thought is to paint the headstock the the same color as the body and get another yellow logo.

The pickup ring was an easy option as far as tying in the two color schemes.
                          It's just paint and easily changed.
                          -Rick

Comment

I feel so that the inlays a such a small detail that they can be overlooked once the headstock and body are tied together.

Comment

I think pink headstock with the yellow charvel logo still... would look dope!

Drewbag

Comment

Working...
                              X